Bit of a problem..

Blondy16

Alright well about a month ago me and my girlfriend of more than 2 years broke up. The thing is I was just getting over a case of depression and never meant to break up.. but we did and I dont even remember why. I tried explaining to her I just needed a little time and I was pretty sick I only wanted a break, not to break up.

Now we're 18 so our prom is coming up. Even after we broke up I still asked her if we could go to prom together, and she said yes but she saidnt she didnt want to be 'together' anymore until she saw that I really was over my depression, I guess she didnt believe me when I told her. Then someone other guy asks her to go and she said yes! My gf of 2 years said yes to somebody else after I paid for our limo, my tux, ticket, even her flowers. Now she says its too late because he bought her ticket and his tux, and she says she said yes because she told me she only wanted to be friends with me for a while and she was afraid I was going to try and ask her prom night to go back out ith me! Like * * * ! She has been telling me we can start over in college but I keep telling her not after what you did to me about prom. Now she gets mad when I try to talk her into going with me, when I tell her Im going to go out with other girls, or if I say Im not going to talk to her. Oh and now she tells people that I stalk her for trying to get her to understand I was sick and that she honestly was being stupid with her whole prom thing and now she says that she doesnt love me anymore but idk what to believe because like I said she still gets mad when I talk to other girls or say I wont talk to her but shes fine going to prom with someone else after I asked her.

Bottom line, should I just forget our 2 years of how much we loved each other and really find someone else or still try and convince her that shes not being herself?

You two are very young and it was very immature for her to accept your invitation...then accept someone else's. If you push her and tell her that she's "not being herself", she will resent you for basically telling her she's not in control of her life and it will push her away. I would let go of her and try to find happiness on your own.

Archived