Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

NightLily

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah.. I guess I shouldn't trust the quiz. Or maybe I should. Oo..

I'm having some issues that are going out of control and I honestly can't say I know what to do to fix them. It is either one extreme or the other. To make matters worse, I am having a hard time working out because even walking longer distances hurts me foot. THe nearest pool is 40 minutes away.. oi.. feeling defeated.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

OK, keeping a food log in here for about a week to make sure I don't start eating way too little (which I am more likely to be guilt of when starting a diet)

I'll include some recipes if it is applicable.

Breakfast: 2 packets of oatmeal-320

Early grey tea

Eh couldn't finish the oatmeal so maybe only 280 or something

Had a tangerine... 50

Ehhhhh... 330 so far

Salad with shrimp ontop with a littl sweet potato .. I guess 350

we'll round up to 700

grrrr

eating a pb & j on wheat with a granny smith apple

brings me up to 1200 which is decent

You don't have to cut out so much when you want to lose weight, just aim to drop like 250-500 calories. Which could be a soft drink or two. Which would probably equate to a pound a week.

Yeah, I often have a problem with eating enough food. Really the only thing that was keeping me from losing too much weight was going out to eat 1-2 times a week. I'm trying to eat more.. but more evenly.

I'm kind of confused, are you going on a diet or trying to just eat more and gain weight? I hope you're not trying to lose weight because you looked good in your picture before you took it down. You could definitely gain weight if you wanted too, and you'd still look great.

There are a few ways to incorporate a few more calories.

For instance dried/fresh fruits in your oatmeal/cereals. Banana in your PB sandwich. Spinach and other veggies in salad.

I personally love celery with peanut butter (and raisin).

This was mostly how to add some calories to your meal you had today. You can also make fruit smoothies, if you enjoy those.

There are a few ways to incorporate a few more calories.

For instance dried/fresh fruits in your oatmeal/cereals. Banana in your PB sandwich. Spinach and other veggies in salad.

I personally love celery with peanut butter (and raisin).

This was mostly how to add some calories to your meal you had today. You can also make fruit smoothies, if you enjoy those.

I did have a lot of veggies in my salad I just don't have room for much so can only eat so much salad.

I love ants on a log! (the celery with PB and raisins).. that is a good idea.

Smoothies are good as well.... mmmm mmm mmm

Haha I like food I just get.. bored of chewing? >

I'm kind of confused, are you going on a diet or trying to just eat more and gain weight? I hope you're not trying to lose weight because you looked good in your picture before you took it down. You could definitely gain weight if you wanted too, and you'd still look great.

What I am trying to do is lose some fat and put on some muscle. But more than anything, I want to eat regularly. I get busy, forget to eat, and then at some points will only eat one meal a day. I had been doing pretty well about eating 4 small meals but got thrown off track.

Yeah, and I put on a tiny bit of weight over break from the chocolate haha.... not a problem, just want to get back on a normal schedule and do the above.

I use to be semi anorexic in middle school, and what they did to help me gain weight was to drink a glass of carnation instant breakfast before I went to bed. Could be helpful to you.

Eh.. I was anorexic in high school as well. Too much pressure from my mom and way too much exercise with field hockey. But that was six years ago. I'm really not at all anymore and am far from being too skinny. I have plenty of curves (not they type of curves people say chubby women have).

How many calories are you thinking I should eat though?I figure 1200-1500 is good

How many calories are you thinking I should eat though?I figure 1200-1500 is good

That figure is great if you have sedentary work and do minimal work-outs ex: walking for 30 minutes 3x a week.

If you are doing weight lifting and strenuous work out then I'd aim for 1800 to 2200.

If you have a really active job ex: construction and work-out also I'd aim for 2200-2500.

I agree with the other people, 1500 is definitely fine for the most part. But if you are active it will require more.

If I remember right from my college nutrition class, roughly 80% of caloric intake is burned from your body keeping warm, digesting, breathing, etc. so the remaining 20% is up to you to lose.

Here's a site to give an idea... link removed

Also note that approx. 3500 calories = 1 lb. So if you wanted to gain a pound a week a good way to start is to increase your diet by 500 calories a day (that isn't burned), so working out and eating protein would help convert most of it to muscle [protein being eaten within 30-50 minutes of workout for maximum benefit...sooner is better]. And for every pound of muscle you have, 50 more calories are needed for your body. So if you don't have much muscle, your starting caloric intake is low. Probably the 1200 you mentioned earlier.

*They are called Ants on a Log? I named them Eggs on a Stem, lol. A photo I took a couple of days ago...

image removed

Eggs on a Stem haha. Yeah, I used to eat those as a snack when I was younger and we always called them ants on a log (people in my class etc).

Funny thing is, I do actually have more muscle than a lot of girls but am used to having more than I do right now. I've never had the ripped look but used to have just better tone. But when I broke my foot it has been really hard. They told me to stay off of it entirely or I will need surgery

The drive to the nearest pool is about 45 minutes with no traffic but I might just start doing that for cardio at least twice a week. Plus, I love swimming

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply you were anorexic or anything I apologize if it came off that way. I was just trying to share something that helped me gain weight in the past with a story attached. Also, if you work out try and incorporate squats into your routine. Squats + girls = great arse. 1500 sounds good, but iId probably aim a little higher especially if you plan on getting back into moderate activity

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply you were anorexic or anything I apologize if it came off that way. I was just trying to share something that helped me gain weight in the past with a story attached. Also, if you work out try and incorporate squats into your routine. Squats + girls = great arse. 1500 sounds good, but iId probably aim a little higher especially if you plan on getting back into moderate activity

I'll definitely go with some squats. Used to have to do them all the time in crew. Heard Jessica Biel does a ton of them too. I knew you weren't trying to imply I was anorexic just saying I can relate

I'm going to use this week to experiment. If I feel hungry through the day, weak, or anything like that once I start with the gym I will raise the calories by 100 and so on.

Got a late start to eating today but ate a better first meal:

1/2 cup oatmeal + 2 egg whites cooked into "pancakes"

Topped with about 75 cal. better 'n peanut butter and a few banana slices: about 300 calories

link removed Making this for the family tonight. Good website for anybody interested. My mom used it back when she was on Weight Watchers.

Yup so ate that dinner earlier with an apple and green beans. Didn't have any cheese though (can't). So.. about 420.

Then had about 200 calories more of that later.

Need to eat 200 more before going to sleep.

Piece of wheat with some lunch meat: 180

pretzels and nuts: 100 tops

Woo.. over 1200. Feels like I am eating boat loads though. Maybe just because I am eating more often. Tomorrow the goal is 1400.

Archived