Your dad comes up to you and...

Cirquel

My FIRST reaction is to ask what "meet" means? Like... introduction? Full on date? What is the assumption here?

I don't see any harm in an introduction... I think it is good to be open to meeting new people. If things don't work out, they don't work out. If they do, great! Or maybe you end up with a new friend/contact... who knows.

Tell your dad to tell his friend to send you 3-4 pictures of him. Then you will consider it.

And I say 3-4 because people can often have 1 picture that inaccurately portrays how they actually look. 3 or 4 & you will have a good idea of what he looks like.

My FIRST reaction is to ask what "meet" means? Like... introduction? Full on date? What is the assumption here?

I don't see any harm in an introduction... I think it is good to be open to meeting new people. If things don't work out, they don't work out. If they do, great! Or maybe you end up with a new friend/contact... who knows.

Beh. The son called our number last night... so now I have to call him back. I have no idea what to say... I don't know ANYTHING about him.

Well i would probably feel shy and a bit uncomfortable at first, but who knows? I don't think there would be any harm in you meeting with him; maybe you could be friends, or more than this. I would say there's no harm in accepting to meet him one time

But see... at 22, that's not exactly what I have in my mind right now!!!!!!

Since when is a meeting, or even a phone conversation to arrange a meeting, the set up for the rest of your life?

I think maybe you are putting too much weight on this... maybe just because of the connection he has with your family?

If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. You don't have to force yourself to like him, but you don't have to force yourself to hate him either.

Archived