Telephone interview

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked a total of 8 American friends what to expect in the phone interview, they all said its just an informal thing, hours salary etc.

Was it hell! she asked me so many weird questions! I did slightly expect some so wrote down some answers, but not what she asked me....

I just know I don't have this, I sucked, majorly.

And I talk too damn fast!

Oh well, it was my first, won't be my last interview.

I deleted ^ that post cos I got paranoid she might be on here LOL

Hope ya interview went well Jonboy!

Mine sucked ass!

Oh dear ... that's unfortunate but I'm in the same boat. I screwed up as well I got really nervous and actually used the phrase "Er well yeah" *slaps face*. The strange thing is I had an interview with a different company and that was face to face. That interview went really well, I guess its because when your on the phone you can't judge their reactions.

Oh and hope is not completely lost, my friends friend, who was English and went for a job in the US (sound familiar) screwed up his phone interview. But apparently most people do and he ended up getting the job

^ Ahhh good job on your face to face interview! Good luck with that, I hope you get a call.

Sorry bout your phone one.. I was such a weirdo on mine! I think I said errrm sometimes too lol.

We'll see anyway, in all honesty the job is only 12 hours and thats really not enough but I wanted my foot in the door atleast =(

I didn't think it was possible to nervous about a phone interview-lol

Just maintain a upbeat phone voice and ask questions about the company and position. Also stand up while being interviewed.

Ahh, thats a good one I never thought of that, I just sat down =(

I was upbeat, I was too upbeat lol

So, since this was just a telephone interview and if thats successful you get a face-to-face interview after that....... what the heck are they going to ask in that one?

They asked me all the questions on the phone.. is it just to look me over, make sure I'm not a weirdo?

They asked me all the questions on the phone.. is it just to look me over, make sure I'm not a weirdo?

Who did you speak with on the phone? Will the same people interview you in person? If not, you may be asked some of the same questions. Or the in-person interview may be alot shorter. They might ask you to tell them a bit about yourself and why you want the job, and perhaps if there were any particular weaknesses or concerns that come through in the phone interview, they'll ask more specific questions on that.

I got the second interview!!! I could'nt believe it!

They just called me as I was leaving work!

I was NOT expecting that atall! so cool!

Under, the person interviewing me in person is different than the one who interviewed me over the phone, so they may be likely to ask me the same questions? I'm going to prepare myself more this time!

I have the interview on Tuesday at 1pm, can't wait!

From my understanding, phone interviews are pretty common for retail. I've had one before and it was pretty low-key, just a chat about what I would do in certain situations, why I was applying, etc. I was just my normal, friendly self and it worked out fine, I got a second formal interview afterwards.

Don't worry! Just be friendly and calm and it should work out.

From my understanding, phone interviews are pretty common for retail. I've had one before and it was pretty low-key, just a chat about what I would do in certain situations, why I was applying, etc. I was just my normal, friendly self and it worked out fine, I got a second formal interview afterwards.

Don't worry! Just be friendly and calm and it should work out.

She had it a few days ago but good advice none the less

And Grr I have used in the past. I pay a lot of attention to detail, and have to have work finished perfectly before I move on. Pretty much your saying your really anal but get the work done top quality. OR you think too much about others and put them first. That might leave you working shifts you didn't want. BUT it also shows you are willing to put a lot of extra effort in.

I just had a phone interview for a textbook writing job.

I was asked about my background, what I was looking for, what my situation was like right now (in terms of work), why I wanted the job, what I expected to be paid, how the transportation would work out for me, how much experience I had. That was about it. It was a preliminary screening for another phone interview with the Director.

Archived