THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 23.

No desire to break it. Keep it going, keep it going. Next Goal: 25.

Today's Horoscope Balance your boisterous, adventurous nature with a bit of discipline today, Sagittarius. It's important to laugh, but it's also important to stay on task with your duties. The good news is that both of these things can work in tandem. They aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, one will help you achieve the other. Be serious, but have a good time and keep things in perspective.

Hang in there, kenny. You've been doing really, really well. It sucks so bad to have those days. She probably has them, too. Keep your chin up, tomorrow is a new day.

Thanks for lookin' out bro!

Today was definitely a good day because I kicked ass in my navy physical fitness test!

Day 36

Ok, today was my navy physical readiness test. I trained for this day and all I gotta say was all that training and effort I put for this day, it was all worth it! I set personal records in all categories - situps, pushups, and 1.5 mile run. I did 105 pushups in 2 minutes! Of course I'm gonna brag about it because I seriously did not expect to push my body to those limits!! All the time I've been going to the gym, all those times I've ran 6 miles every other day, it has all paid off!! I ran the 1.5 mile run in 9 minutes! That's almost 2 minutes faster than my previous record! Today was just a good day for me! Oh yes, during the event, there were several people who told me that I've gotten buffer and asked me what I've been doing to change my appearance! What makes it way better is when a really pretty looking girl asks me if I've been working out and also asks me if I've been working out to impress other girls.. haha I seriously didn't know what to say because I never got compliments like that before. Even my partner for my situps test told me that he could see my six pack through my shirt while I was doing my situps test. I just never show off my own body, I've always been the humble type of person because I worked hard for this!

Guys, I'm sorry that I'm just going on and on but seriously though, I have never gotten compliments like these before and I have never been this fit in my life. Not even after boot camp I was fit like this. I've just been through so much these last few months with my ex and I'm just proud of myself that I can at least do these changes to my body. I just hope that this huge ego boost carries on and helps me become an overall better person than I was before.

Well, tomorrow is gonna suck since I gotta stay on the ship. Goodnight fellas

Day 3

Woke up feeling quite positive, and determined to just get on with my day....

Its now lunchtime and so far I haven't stopped wondering about if he's gonna call or text.

I know I'm torturing myself but cant help it.....

Its early days but what with Christmas approaching I feel very alone....

if one good thing has come from this its gotta be that my sister and I are talking again after 10 months of silence..

Until tomorrow

Vanessa

Guys I need your help. This is Day 11 of no contact and this is the day I told myself I would text her. I don't know what to do!!!!

My advice- don't text her if you feel like it'll be a setback to your healing. I'm not one of the hard-core NC enthusiasts, but think about this way: what's the point? will it make you happier, or will it make you feel worse? what do you need to say to her that you haven't said already?

I'm not sure if it would set me back or not. The break wasn't on bad terms. We broke 6 weeks ago and have gone back and forth from NC, LC, and now back to LC. Last time we spoke she said she still really cares about me but she needs time and doesn't know what she wants. UGH!!!! This is the longest I have stuck to NC with her.

I am taking this challenge as well.

Day one.

My girlfriend and i were practically bestfriends. we dated for 2 months and about a week. We broke up last monday, she broke my heart, absolutely tore it apart, there was no sign of our relationship stopping. We talked a day after, big mistake, we talked all yesterday because i thought i was okay, I wasn't. She promised that she would always be my friend. And that she wasnt looking for a serious relationship(were on 15 and 16 but i had hopes). I respect that. I want to talk to her really badly, we both want to be bestfriends again.

I am taking up this challenge because i am hurt, and I need time away. Everytime we try to talk it ends in a bad way. I am not ready to be her friend again. She told me she would wait through it while i do this. While, we do this, as friend. I want to get back together with her. I want to be her friend again. However, i am starting to doubt that getting together is the right choice at our age. But, i had a connection with this girl that others have failed. It was very heartbreaking to see her leave the way she did.

So day one, I told her that i am taking this challenge, that it is the best thing to do right now, that talking and me ending up begging makes things worse. I want to break the habits we both have developed over the quick 2 months we were together. I want to talk to her sooo badly. I cannot control myself sometimes, I really care for this girl. But I am still unsure and very confused on what to do.

Brandon

have you read much of the other threads? If not then please give them a look. I don't want to give you specific advise. I think your looking for a green light from us. I hear ya. Her feelings won't change in that short of time if she feels you are giving her space and not pressing. wither ya call or not is up to you but I would say the safest bet is to give it more time.

I may as well jump on the band wagon!

Day 1

It's been three weeks since we broke up, I broke up with him because he was generally a bad boyfriend, never put any effort in etc etc.

I've only contacted him once, on the weekend via text messages because he was apparently telling one of my friends I didn't like her. He told me it wasn't true so I replyed saying "Okay sorry for wrongly accusing you, it just upset me to hear it" and he did not reply.

I really miss him but I'm gonna try and stay true.

So 29 days to go huh? Wish me luck!

Day 4

Not been up long, (8.25am UK) and i've started to remember the way he would text me to say good morning, after he left for work.

I'm crying a lot, which isn't healthy for the kids to see, but I cant help myself......

I need to remember that he cheated lied and played with my head....

Mornings always seem worse for some reason.

Kenneyc

Thank you for your service!

Hang in there. It nice to see people really improving themselves through this kind of stuff. Yep, your the Man!

I'm proud to serve!

Improving myself is really the only thing I can do right now. It's the only way I can move forward.

Day 37

Days are really going by pretty fast now.

Work was really stressful today. I hated it so much lol. I went inside the bathroom to just sit down for a few minutes to just relax. I started thinking about her and I started to miss her I have to get through this though.

I just can't wait to completely be off this ship. This will be my first and last ship I will serve on. I can't stand how the system works on this ship. Everything is so damn political. It's like you have to kiss ass to actually get recognized and recognition is never noticed by how much effort you put into your job. I just can't wait until I'm finished. The only really cool thing about being stationed on a ship is you get to go to all sorts of crazy places. And when you wear your dress uniform in public, all the girls want you.

I didn't text her last night like I thought I would. Starting on Day 12 of NC. Still wonder what is going through her head and if she misses me even a little and is wondering why I haven't contacted her. I get hints from her facebook status updates that she does. I have that gut feeling that she is starting to miss me. Who knows.

Day 2,

I woke up this morning so jittery and wanting to talk to her so badly. I miss my bestfriend so much. Why is this so hard I can't stand the gut feeling in my stomach that during the time away from her is going to make me lose her as a bestfriend. Anyways ill try and get through my day. I need too, I have too get through this!

Almost 11 weeks

Im doing well. I really think writing on this board has helped. I know reading tons of threads on ENA has helped in a huge way.

I dont stress on the break up anymore. I used to be worried nearly sick about how she and her sister are doing but realise that its not my job to do so. I have let that go as well. I still find myself trying to answer the many questions I have going through my head from time to time. I do realize that Ill never get the answers and that I really dont "need" answers to continue forward. I am still practicing gratitude and I think that has been really good for healing. I have so much to be thankful for, including my 5 months with my ex. I have taken a look at my new relationship and although I have tried to be as healthy and thoughtful as possible, im sure there is some rebound factor at work. I have been honest with her and have gone slowly. It has helped that she has been a friend for years and she is an amazing woman. I think the timing was actually good. It kind of just fell into place and has surely helped in my healing rather than hurting. I truly would not jump back to my ex at this time. Im not sure where my new relationship is going but I am comfortable with its direction. I do believe I am in the final stages of proccessing my breakup. it feels good.

Day 3:

Last night one of my best friends and me (she's newly single as well) have made plans to go to Ireland in December 2011 and to Italy/Spain in October 2012. I'm definitely excited about the idea. My ex and me always wanted to travel together; we were going to in 2 years. But now that we aren't together, I need to travel anyway! This is definitely one of the hardest things, realizing all the plans I made with him will be done without him. But I'm not going to put my life on hold just because he isn't ready for a relationship now. I love him, I will always love him, and I will gladly and happily get back together with him when he's ready. But NO putting my life on hold just for him. I have things to do, things I've always wanted to do. It's time to do them!