My ex and I haven't spoken to each other for years. I'm currently single, 21, majoring in commerce, and basically enjoying life.

But last night, I suddenly had a dream about him. We were just holding each other. I woke up with a deep sense of loss and longing.

And now, against all logic and reason, I miss him incredibly much.

Do some bonds never break, no matter how much time passes?

What do I do - ignore these feelings?

run to him...

no, lol, just kidding. don't worry about it, dealing with an emotional detachment like that will always stick with you. i have dreams about friends i've cut contact with, and they're just as provoking.

from a Freudian perspective, it's just an incomplete memory playing itself out.

you may have a dream about a section of freeway you drove past on the way to work twenty years after it's happened. the visual and emotional memory hang on to all sorts of snipits of info, and they just come up in the sequence of dream images.

it's a theory, but a practical way to look at it. something you may have encountered yesterday or whenever might have triggered a cascade of dream images that lead you to that point. who knows where your mind was before that. you only tend to remember the sections that provoke the most feeling.

since it's re-occurred, just go through a little grieving process. it'll be fine.

hope that helped.

My ex and I haven't spoken to each other for years. I'm currently single, 21, majoring in commerce, and basically enjoying life.

But last night, I suddenly had a dream about him. We were just holding each other. I woke up with a deep sense of loss and longing.

And now, against all logic and reason, I miss him incredibly much.

Do some bonds never break, no matter how much time passes?

What do I do - ignore these feelings?

Do you want to maybe reach out to him and see if he wants to be friends or such? Or did he break your heart to the point of no return?

Archived