How do you stop the pain? Is it real?

ouchh

Is it a merely a mindset or can you really feel your heartache? Can you stop yourself in mid-thought and redirect to something more constructive without the thought of your ex hovering in somewhere along the sidelines? Does your heart still jump when you get an unexpected call, text, or email? If they have someone why do they bother to contact you? If they don't have someone are they just playing with your emotions and using you like a child uses a security blanket? Did they or do they still care about you? What changed to make them go away? If they don't contact you, do you hurt or feel better? Have you talked to your ex? Why? Why not? Are you ready to heal? How will you go about doing it? Why do we allow someone to have the power to hurt us? Can it be prevented?

These are all questions that crossed my mind at one time or another I was wondering if there was anyone else out there that ever thought this way... I had the chance to talk to my ex face to face, and I feel as though I messed it up severely. I don't think he will ever contact me again. The experience brought all these questions to the forefront again.

Please give me your thoughts, and feel free to vent...

Is it a merely a mindset or can you really feel your heartache? Can you stop yourself in mid-thought and redirect to something more constructive without the thought of your ex hovering in somewhere along the sidelines? Does your heart still jump when you get an unexpected call, text, or email? If they have someone why do they bother to contact you? If they don't have someone are they just playing with your emotions and using you like a child uses a security blanket? Did they or do they still care about you? What changed to make them go away? If they don't contact you, do you hurt or feel better? Have you talked to your ex? Why? Why not? Are you ready to heal? How will you go about doing it? Why do we allow someone to have the power to hurt us? Can it be prevented?

These are all questions that crossed my mind at one time or another I was wondering if there was anyone else out there that ever thought this way... I had the chance to talk to my ex face to face, and I feel as though I messed it up severely. I don't think he will ever contact me again. The experience brought all these questions to the forefront again.

Please give me your thoughts, and feel free to vent...

Hey there ouchh. I think we've all been hurt myself included. I got hurt recently and have almost completely healed. I'd wake up in the morning and burst into tears and fall asleep the same way. I cried all day and all night every single day for a month.. I was so sad. Sometimes i really did think i could feel my heart aching as it was so painful.There was nothing anybody could do or say to console me so they let me be. It's been 3 months for me and i am in a better place now.You may not want to believe it now or even want to hear it but it will get better. You will get there but it will take time. The pain slow decreases one day at a time. One advice i will give you is no contact with your ex while you are healing. It really does help. Good luck and remember you are not the only one who's hurting or who has been hurt. It also helps to read other people's stories and see how they coped and healed.

I felt the pain but now I'm kinda numb and laughing at myself... I did nc for a quite some time. I'm going full this time, not going to tell him going to fight the urge to respond. But I just wanted to know what other peoples thoughts were. Thanks for posting!

Archived