I hate feeling like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders.

What I mean by that is, I just want to save everybody, especially animals so bad, it tears me apart that I can't. I do what I can, of course, but it just doesn't feel like enough. Maybe its just the sensitive vegetarian in me, but I just want to rescue every hurting animal and take care of them. Yes, I know that that is IMPOSSIBLE. But i'd love to eat least be able to own my own shelter and take care of them.

I just wish I had the MONEY for a shelter.

I know it sounds stupid but it literally pains me to know there are so many animals out there that need this help but there aren't enough people or money to help. Most people wanna be rich to buy what they want, I want to be rich so that I CAN help animals. Whenever I have enough money so that I can send to aspca or whatever, I do that.

Oh and, dont thinkk im not about helping people either. I do that whenver I can too. Especially when I go to the grocery store and I can buy the food bags to help hungry people, I do that as well. When I had a job, I did that every time I went to the store.

i wish your attitude was more contageous! i wish everyone felt a little more like saving someone/something else.

me too Thats why I kinda shake my head if someone calls me selfish, because I couldn't be even if I wanted to. Sometimes I wake up at night just thinking about all the animals and people that need help.

I know how you feel.

I have this incredibly strong connection to cats especially.

I used to volunteer at a cat shelter but I moved away. However, I still try to help as best I can.

I design a lot of advertisments and flyers for the shelter now, I may do an upgrade on their website. I spread the word that they need more people to adopt.

By just me and a few other people doing things like this, we had over 50 new adoptions in a month!

You can't save everyone and everything but every little bit goes a long, long way.

I guess I just feel like I was put here to help save animals or something. I feel it SO strongly, like, it consumes me. Ever since the day I heard my dad say something about slaughtering cows when I was 14, it just stuck with me, the reality and ever since then, all I could think about was helping animals and doing whatever I could to save any animal I could. It's my #1 passion. So I just KNOW me feeling this way is for a reason, I just have to figure out what i'm supposed to be doing with it.

I guess I just feel like I was put here to help save animals or something. I feel it SO strongly, like, it consumes me. Ever since the day I heard my dad say something about slaughtering cows when I was 14, it just stuck with me, the reality and ever since then, all I could think about was helping animals and doing whatever I could to save any animal I could. It's my #1 passion. So I just KNOW me feeling this way is for a reason, I just have to figure out what i'm supposed to be doing with it.

I feel exactly the same way. If it's true everybody was put on this planet with some purpose, then that's definitely mine. And I feel like if I don't do anything with this purpose or passion, whatever you wanna call it, my life will just be a waste. As soon as I have the money I'm donating to animal organizations if that's all I can do, but of course I'd like to do more. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, it's so nice to know there are other people who care just as much about animals.

I feel exactly the same way. If it's true everybody was put on this planet with some purpose, then that's definitely mine. And I feel like if I don't do anything with this purpose or passion, whatever you wanna call it, my life will just be a waste. As soon as I have the money I'm donating to animal organizations if that's all I can do, but of course I'd like to do more. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, it's so nice to know there are other people who care just as much about animals.

I'm so glad there is someone else out there that feels like I do Everyone else thinks i'm a crazy stupid person that cares about animals too much. But the way I feel about it is, they don't have a voice, so I need to be their voice. This to me (and IS the reality, whether people care or not) is a matter of life and death, for the animals and I can't just sit back and not care that there are animals being hurt and killed for what I feel is selfish reasons. And if I can't change peoples minds, I need to at least do what I can, for the animals I can, because as paul mccartney once said, for this creature, it IS their life, so I can't take it from them, I need to help them.

I'm so glad there is someone else out there that feels like I do Everyone else thinks i'm a crazy stupid person that cares about animals too much. But the way I feel about it is, they don't have a voice, so I need to be their voice. This to me (and IS the reality, whether people care or not) is a matter of life and death, for the animals and I can't just sit back and not care that there are animals being hurt and killed for what I feel is selfish reasons. And if I can't change peoples minds, I need to at least do what I can, for the animals I can, because as paul mccartney once said, for this creature, it IS their life, so I can't take it from them, I need to help them.

Yeah exactly what I feel. To be honest I don't like telling anybody I know about my passion for animals and animal cruelty because most people don't feel the same way about it, and they don't understand. When I told my own boyfriend (he asked what I would do if I won the lottery and I told him I would donate a portion to animal rescues) he was like, "Animals? Really?" My family would feel the same way, as if it were a waste of money and time rescuing animals. But I see it the same way you do, they don't have a voice, they're defensless creatures who need our help. And they're more than just creatures, they have a soul, a personality, they feel pain and they suffer. I don't understand how people can be so cruel sometimes.

Yeah exactly what I feel. To be honest I don't like telling anybody I know about my passion for animals and animal cruelty because most people don't feel the same way about it, and they don't understand. When I told my own boyfriend (he asked what I would do if I won the lottery and I told him I would donate a portion to animal rescues) he was like, "Animals? Really?" My family would feel the same way, as if it were a waste of money and time rescuing animals. But I see it the same way you do, they don't have a voice, they're defensless creatures who need our help. And they're more than just creatures, they have a soul, a personality, they feel pain and they suffer. I don't understand how people can be so cruel sometimes.

EXACTLY! Thats why I can't stand my dad's side of my family, they don't see it how I do at all, they say 'its not the same thing' well, ya know what, to that pig, or to that cat, it IS the same. I might not have fur and 4 legs, but, I do believe they feel the same physical and to a point, emotional pain that we do, just because they aren't in human being form, does not mean they don't feel what we feel. I have seen videos of animals being abused (and slaughtered) and when you hear the SCREAMING, I just don't get how people can say its not the same. They are obviously FEELING what they are having to endure. And to me, that IS important to try, in any way I can, to prevent that from happening to even one animal. Whether it be a house pet, or farm animal. I could write a whole entry on exactly my feelings of it, but I don't want to bore or anger people. lol I just don't get why people get so upset or annoyed, or bothered that I want to help SAVE the LIVES of a creature that is not a human being. If they dont, whatever, thats how they feel, but please don't tell me i'm insane because I do believe these creatures have just as much right as us humans do to live.

Just don't let any negative comments influence your decision on doing what you feel is right. If I let all the negative remarks from family and friends get to me I wouldn't be doing anything. This is why I don't tell anybody. It's like, if you don't feel the same way about animals, that's fine, but let ME do what I want. I don't judge anybody on how they spend their money or their lives, so just let me do what I want. Oh I grew up seeing animals butchered before my eyes, every time there was a special occasion my dad would send for a goat, a pig, or a calf to be killed and many times I would witness it, so I've seen the pain and suffering they go through. I also hate when people say, "Oh, they're just animals." How would they like to be treated the same? Tortured the same? It's the same exact pain they're feeling.

Omg, how did you deal with that? I'm not asking this to be judgemental, are you vegetarian? it's ok if you're not. I just find that vegetarians are mostly the ones that agree with me. But yeah, I don't let anyones words influence me, in fact, if they try to defend the cruelty, it makes me feel even MORE for my beliefs and get even more annoyed that they don't care about the animals. And thats also how I feel, If that was you or your human loved one going through that pain, you would NOT be justifying it, you'd be calling the cops.

Omg, how did you deal with that? I'm not asking this to be judgemental, are you vegetarian? it's ok if you're not. I just find that vegetarians are mostly the ones that agree with me. But yeah, I don't let anyones words influence me, in fact, if they try to defend the cruelty, it makes me feel even MORE for my beliefs and get even more annoyed that they don't care about the animals. And thats also how I feel, If that was you or your human loved one going through that pain, you would NOT be justifying it, you'd be calling the cops.

I'm not a vegetarian yet, but I'm working towards it (I love my meat too much lol, which makes me a hypocrite). I'm cutting out pork though. I love pigs too much so eating them would be retarded of me. I remember I was around 10 the first time I saw a pig being butchered. I clearly remember the screaming. It wouldn't die, it took a VERY long time for it to die. I was crying to myself. As for the other animals, when I could avoid it I would run to the house (it was a large ranch), close myself in the closet and just cover my ears so I wouldn't hear the cries of the animal. It was too much to bear. I also saw the branding of some cows. I'm glad I don't have to experience that stuff anymore. I try to avoid seeing videos or anything showing animal suffering because I'm too sensitive to that stuff.

Man. I can't say i'd do differently in your shoes (because i've never been there, and there is only so much you can do), especially since you were so young, feeling is different than doing. I just always pictured, like, goin in there and kicking the slaughterers asses lol. But just seeing videos and even THINKING about what happens was enough for me. I am in no way dissing you, you seem like a very kind hearted person and I greatly respect and appreciate that. i'm not even saying that meat eaters are cruel, to me, its the ones that DON'T even care or even think about it that really get to me. The ones that act like it's nothing. THAT is what bothers me the most. But i've just seen too many videos where the humans butchering these SCREAMING animals, didn't even care. which, obviously they don't or else they wouldn't do it. But its also the animals that are being kept alive, but being tested, or forced to do things that are just so cruel. It just sickens me that people either justify, don't care or turn a blind eye to it. I, can't. If somebody wants to be annoyed by me being the animals voice, so be it. I don't care about them, I care about the animals that can't speak for themselves. But I personally, can't just sit back and look them in the eye while they are being tortured and do nothing. To me, that is kinda worse than the person doing the torturing.

Archived