I've been broken up with my ex since early Oct. It was quite a shock to me. One day everything was great, the next she needed space to concertrate on where she's going. We talked on the phone a couple of times after that and emailed each other (just saying how everything was going) every few weeks until early Dec. I emailed her and that was the last i've heard of her.When be broke up she said that she needed time over the winter to think about things (the classic generic comment), be with her family etc. The problem is that i still think about her a lot. I'm seeing another girl right now. I thought that because i'm seeing some one else, i would forget about her. It's not the case though. Maybe i'm giving myself false hope that we'll get back together because we didn't really leave on bad terms. Its not like i can't function throught the day cause i'm thinking about her lot's, but i do still think about her. I don't know what to do or how long this is supposed to take. Anyone have any comment or suggestions?

Hey, I'm pretty much going through the same thing you are, and man is it tough. It's only been a month for me and it's torture. I've thought about finding someone else, but i'm still to hooked on my ex and for me to do that wouldn't be fair to the other girl.

If you get a chance I made a big post the yesterday.

It all comes down to guy's hormones and they craving girls. Girls have such an upper hand on guys emotions. I wish there was pill to make the feelings go away.

I look forward to any replies to your post, good luck

this is tough. I am also going throught the same problem. My ex broke up with me early November and I still havent gotten over her. NOT one bit. I found a new girlfriend but I still think about my ex every day. I want to get back with my ex, but I guess I have to be friends and wait for awhile. I wish i knew what to tell you because I need answers to that question also. Good Lucks

Fellow members in pain. Unfortunately I welcome you to the "Hurting" club.

There are no pills, or special social recipes that will completely allow you to forget about your ex. Unfortunately, if this were the case, people would fall in and out of love on a constant basis.

Tips, you have probably heard them all. Probably read a few books, even researched on the internet till your eyes were red.

The tip I have, is attempt to keep yourself busy. Always remember this, no one can make you happy, you can only make yourselves happy. Once you realize that you really do NOT need someone in your life, then your heart will see the light.

The idea of finding someone else , as I have said before, is like applying a bandaid to a cut that requires stitches. Temporary, but not pemanent (sp?). Heal yourselves, keep busy and remember why they fell in love with you guys in the first place. Because you are special people. Things will get better. Trust me.

One more thing. I know you read post after post, and at times they may not hit home. But I suggest you continue to read posts from those of us who have been in your situation. It really helps. Good luck boys!

I agree with the last post, if your still wanting your ex then you cant give your current g/friend your all, its hard splitting up with anyone and i went out with someone who dumped me twice while going out for 4 months due to his head being messed up,

Im glad i have this site to come too, cause times are hard and its good to know that your not going through this on your own!

If we dont all get a chance with out ex's then i wish us all luck in finding someone that loves us and treats us right!!

Goodluck!

An abrupt cessation to a year long relationship, no provocation, no contact from him.. I think what he did to me was cruel.... I am moving into the anger phase and I hope to continue healing. His not contacting me, no explanation, just declaring it " over " was cruel, and intentionally so. How can I avoid someone like this in the future? I will be alone now for some time. That will be good for me. Hang in there everybody, we will heal. Lea

If your not over your ex, please don't start seeing someone else to try and get over it, it wont work. I recently went out with a girl, but it turned out that I was just the 'someone else', she thought going out with me would help her get over her ex, it did for a bit, but ultimatly ended in disaster. Needless to say this hurt like hell, I still miss her, and I lost a very good friend as I cant bare to see her anymore. Splitting up with anyone hurts, but getting with someone else WONT take your mind off it, it will only result in other people getting their emotions screwed.

Sounds like you guys are on the same boat as me...I was dating a guy who just broke up with his g/f of 4years. Things were amazing, and all of a suddent I never hear from him again. We were together for only 2 months, but it was a lot of fun. I feel totally rejected and miserable. How can I pick myself up and move on? How can I make sure I never get involved in this type of thing again? He's obiously not over the ex...