Tattoos/Piercings turn on? or turn off?

mechie22

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, depends on the tattoo, placement, and guy. Tattoos can be really hot and they can be a complete turn off. It's on an individual basis. Typically though, I would lean towards not dating a guy with tattoos in places that are highly visible (neck, face, or forearms) as I don't think my mother would approve.

With peircings, it depends on the peircing. An ear, one side of nose, or one eyebrow....I'm fine with. Not a turn on, not a turn off. Preferably no piercings but I wouldn't write a guy off for them.

More than one piercings or tongue, lip, body, or through the middle of the nose (picture a bull. That's what it always reminds me of) are a huge turn off.

Personally, depends on the tattoo, placement, and guy. Tattoos can be really hot and they can be a complete turn off. It's on an individual basis. Typically though, I would lean towards not dating a guy with tattoos in places that are highly visible (neck, face, or forearms) as I don't think my mother would approve.

With peircings, it depends on the peircing. An ear, one side of nose, or one eyebrow....I'm fine with. Not a turn on, not a turn off. Preferably no piercings but I wouldn't write a guy off for them.

More than one piercings or tongue, lip, body, or through the middle of the nose (picture a bull. That's what it always reminds me of) are a huge turn off.

WOW. lol yur harsh but hey to each their own.

Depends, Tats and piercings draw a fine line between trashy and sexy for me. In the right place I find them sexy. I don't like when women have tats all over the place with no rhyme or reason.

Most piercings I find pretty hot, I like eyebrows, a Monroe, nose can look great on the right girl. the key is minimal is best. pick the right spot and throw in a diamond chip and it will look great.

Personally I have both my nipples pierced. the ladies seem to love them.

i have both. i have yet to meet a girl that didn't like them.

Both what? could be ears, could be butt cheeks?

While for me it definitely varies with the person, location, and ornament or whatever. In general I find that the piercings that look best the most often IMO are belly button, anywhere in the ear, and small nose studs. Anywhere else usually comes off looking messy or nasty. If someone has smooth non blotchy skin I think they look nice, but people with light compound skin should avoid piercings like the plague IMO. Then again stuff like piercings and tattoos usually come off as contrite and try hard in that conformist non conformist sort of way to me. Granted that is totally judgmental and stereotyping. But I guess you can certainly get them for more reasons than trying to look unique? lol

WOW. lol yur harsh but hey to each their own.

I don't think I'm that harsh.

I just think about it in a very professional sense. I couldn't date anybody long term that I can't see myself serious with. And part of that seriousness comes with long term goals. In the sciences and teaching (which I am greatly leaning towards), you would be highly penalized by having a tattoo or piercing that you couldn't hide. So, you'd just about shoot yourself in the foot jobwise by getting one.

Does that make sense?

However, I don't argue that they are not hot. I've seen some really really attractive tattoos and piercings. It is really individual.

I like them, as long as they're tasteful and quality work is done. Amateur tats done by some random tweaker are not hot.

Piercings, depends on what it is. I saw a guy with his belly button pierced and almost passed out

that stuff disturbs me for some reason. that or a tattoo around it like a sun or something. just weird.

Archived