Tattoos/Piercings turn on? or turn off?

mechie22

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on where it is and on what kind of person. Some people pull them off well, but some people make them look trashy.

I have a few tattoos and am a huge fan of the art involved, so if a guy had some amazing pieces I would be very attracted. However, if he had a Donald Duck on his bicep, and nothing else? Not so much. But, that's the artist snob coming out in me.

As for piercings, I find that less is more effective. I love them, but too many is definitely a turn off. Then again, it also depends on the person.

my friend has a tattoo of a shotgun shooting a rabbit that is coughing up blood all the way down his side.

He has a bear mauling a man on his back...

and the brave little toaster on his calf.

dont think that is meant to drive anyone 'wild'

On a girl? Eh... I'm actually a bit turned off by girls with lots of tattoos or piercings. To be fair, though, I just don't dig that "bad girl" look, or "rocker" look, most of them with those kinds of things go for. I'm more into the "good girl" look. One or two little tattoos, and/ or some basic piercings are totally fine, though.

Generally speaking, I think of tattoos as more of a "guy's" thing; not in a sexist way, just that it's usually something a guy finds more appealing to get, than a girl does. Honestly, I've always kinda been interested in maybe getting a tattoo, but I doubt I ever will, if only because A) I have absolutely no idea what kind I'd like to get, and B) I don't have that great of a body that it'd look right anywhere on.

I have four tattoos. One on the outside/ inside of my left bicep. One on the inside of my left calf one on the outside of my right calf. I also have my ears gauged. Used to have my eyebrow and labret pierced.

I find tattoos and piercings sexy on girls. Although I really don't like "tramp stamps" no offense they just don't do it for me. Neither do belly button rings. But I'm down for whatever else, lips, nose, toungue, eyebrow, nipples, clit. All hot as long as they're not over done.

I recently dated a girl with her septum pierced (the bull ring), I was never a big fan of that piercing on anyone, but it looked so damn sexy on her!

I have three. My boyfriend feels the same as you about them in general but loves mine lol. I've got one on my shoulder, one on my lower back and one on my hip, all lil and tasteful and easily hidden.

I've got 6 tats myself, but, even if I wear a t-shirt and shorts, you may see part of the one on my arm, but none of the others. In this day and age, people are forgetting that tats AGE WITH YOU. some of these wonderful pieces of art are going to look HORRID when they are older and depending on the person one may see that no thought about the future was considered when making their choice.

As for me, well, none of the women that I have ever dated had a tat. Do I like them on women, sure, although the tramp stamp is way overdone. Now you DON'T get your lower back tattoed if you want to stand out. Not a big fan of huge or too many tats on a woman and sleeves just turn me off. To each their own I guess. Not a very big fan of piercings myself, other than the standard fare, navel, nose, or maybe eyebrow. other than that I find it a turn off. However, I'm wiling to bet if the personality was good enough I would easily overlook them.

Yeah, I'm pretty milquetoast in this area

I have always had good responses from women on my tat. It actually is a tribal design that reaches above my collar about midway up the side of my neck and extends down my arm ending at my elbow. It seems to peak curiosity. I have been told that it is edgy but in a tasteful sexy kind of way.

As far was on women... I think tats can easily be overdone. Keep em small, tasteful and sexy and there a plus, otherwise they take away from the womans natural beauty. Piercings can be hot too. I don't care for lip piercings. Nose, belly, nip, or hood are all sexy though.

see i have my ears gauged at 4 used to have my nose done, navel, have a tatt down my right side, on my left hip bone, my right ankle down accross the top of my foot, and one on my buttcheek. Most ppl dont know unless im in a bathing suit. The guy im talking to has none and usually doesnt care for them, but he doesnt seem to mind. I posted this to see if ppl could look beyond depending on the person or if its just straight forward.

see i have my ears gauged at 4 used to have my nose done, navel, have a tatt down my right side, on my left hip bone, my right ankle down accross the top of my foot, and one on my buttcheek. Most ppl dont know unless im in a bathing suit. The guy im talking to has none and usually doesnt care for them, but he doesnt seem to mind. I posted this to see if ppl could look beyond depending on the person or if its just straight forward.

I've noticed that too. the guy I'm seeing doesn't have any either, and he doesn't like this stuff on woman he says....till he seen them. Now he thinks they're sexy.

He had a fit when I told him I was getting snake bites. He likes my nose piercing, but said he wouldn't like the other. Now...same thing...he thinks it looks hot. Some ppl just don't have an imagination, and cant picture it till they see it.

I've noticed that too. the guy I'm seeing doesn't have any either, and he doesn't like this stuff on woman he says....till he seen them. Now he thinks they're sexy.

He had a fit when I told him I was getting snake bites. He likes my nose piercing, but said he wouldn't like the other. Now...same thing...he thinks it looks hot. Some ppl just don't have an imagination, and cant picture it till they see it.

Same here he didnt know I had the ones on my side and hip until he saw me teach a dance class in a sports bra, did a double take and after asked to look at them and asked what they meant. He liked them then asked if it bothered me that he didnt have any. LOL guys are funny

Archived