Falling for my best friend

blink_guy

Forgive me for the long post, we have quite a bit of history together so the background information maybe hard to convey.

So I am in grade 12 now and Sarah and I have been good friends since grade 9. And especially since beginning of grade 11, Sarah and I have been the best of friends. We talked about everything together and we spent many countless hours alone and we have always gotten along perfectly and we have not had a single argument let alone a fight. And inspite of the chemistry and convenience, for the lack of a better word, we have always been strictly best friends. And although we have kind of jokingly cuddled and held hands, we have never kissed or pushed our relationship further.

Lately however, we have both broken up with our SO's and due to the building bonds of grade 12, we have become closer and closer friends. And with more time spent, come more frequently awkward moments where opportunities cry for me to kiss her. For example, the other night while we were watching a movie she was laying down on the couch and she says "come feel how weird the back of my head feels" and when i climbed over her to feel her head, i was laying on top of her and we made eye contact and needless to say the situation was quite intense. We managed to shake it off and laughed about how awkward it was. Situations like these tend to arise more often. More and more people, even our parents, ask us about our friendship and whether or not it is just friendship or more. And we always discuss how people think that.

We have arranged to go to college/universities only 2 hour drives from eachother since she is much more academic than i am. Its obvious to me my attraction towards her and my love for her. But at the same time alot of that love is friendship. And because our friendship means a tremendous amount to me, I am okay with just remaining friends with her. Althought I think that she only thinks of me as a friend, I sometimes wonder whether or not I should tell her how I feel?

Haha I am just looking for some insight and where or not I am just crazy?

Any response is appreciated as it is just a thought

A relationship with your best friend is not derange or "awkward." A relationship with your best friend can be the best thing in the world. Though you have to be very careful where you are going with this relationship. What do you want out of this relationship? Is this simply a crush that you want to explore on? Do you want to commit and offer something much more serious? Reason for all these questions is that you can destroy your friendship with her if you are not careful. Plus, you are making assumptions about her feeling for you. Don't do that! You should talk to her about your feelings! Then ask her how she feels about you! If you guys are on the same page, then both of you can decide what the next step is going to be. However, if you guys are not on the same page, obviously someone needs to correct his/her judgment. But at least you guys can still be friends and that you get this thing off your chest. Try not to pull anything before you are being clear about your intentions. Best of luck!

i dont want to scare you, but this exact thing happened to me, exact same time in my life...long story short, it ended in a matter of weeks and we didnt talk much at all after that and our friendship has yet to come anywhere close to the level it was once at since the dating thing happened...we are roommates now, which is kind of weird, but beside the point...but you know, id go for it again....i mean, not with the same person, of course...but you know...if things were different.

screw it, if i were in your tennies, id commence the dating...life is short and all that, plus when you guys go to college, if youre still just friends, youll probabrly end up falling out of contact sooner or later and things will change....heh, just from personal experience-type things, of course. do it!

oh, and, treat her real nice! do extra stuff above and beyond best-friend things! all the time!

whow! same situation with me.

idk about you but im dead scared of opening my mouth at all. have you guys talking about dating/going out?

i couldnt put any insight at all, seeing as im probs if not worse off, in the same boat as you.

good luck ehh xd

We have talked about it in the sense that she would say "My dad today was liek "are you and jordan an item?"" or "I dont know what it is but even Katy(one of our close firends that we hang out with often) asked if we were together" and we would just kind of be liek "I guess its because we spend so much time together" but I've never said "have u ever thought of us dating?"

Archived