Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

The Last of the Mohicans

Moz

Anyone enjoy this work by Cooper?

Today I suppose his style of writing is easy to poke fun off and it's true that some of the dialogue between the characters appears very stilted.

But, in the books favour, there is plenty of action and it does decribe quite eloquently that long lost virgin American wilderness inhabited but Indian warriors.

Read it for these reasons and you'll fall in love with these extraordinary people.

Anyone enjoy this work by Cooper?

Today I suppose his style of writing is easy to poke fun off and it's true that some of the dialogue between the characters appears very stilted.

But, in the books favour, there is plenty of action and it does decribe quite eloquently that long lost virgin American wilderness inhabited but Indian warriors.

Read it for these reasons and you'll fall in love with these extraordinary people.

I just finished watching the movie. Daniel Day-Lewis and Madelein Stowe. Great Adventure and historical references.

Daniel looks great in buckskin

It's a very good read. And it takes place in my neck of the woods.

Really? wow, aint that something. so, do/does the places described, well I bet they have changed over the years. Are there any signs/monumetns about the book around the area. I love it, I mean it's not very well written, character wise and the dailogue leaves you bemused, but it's a knockout where the action is concerned.

• 1 month later...

Archived