Pillow Talk - truth?

Lusif

Last night, my partner and I had particularly good sex - his orgasm lasted pretty long, and he seemed ecstatic for ages afterwards. Post-sex, we were just talking about how good it was, and he actually said, "I never want to have sex with anyone else ever again" and was being really affectionate, and saying I was amazing in bed etc. and all sorts of compliments. (We're in the early days, friends-to-lovers type thing and normally have a teasing love-hate thing going on - it sounds weird but we show our affection through playful teasing, knowing neither of us mean it - so don't normally compliment each other so much.)

Is this the kind of thing a guy would 'just say' and not really mean? Just getting carried away in the moment?

Or did he sort of lose his inhibitions in the moment and tell the truth, considering we don't discuss our feelings for each other too much?

I've heard that guys don't know what they're talking about during climax, but is the 'afterglow' similar?

Man my gf is like you, always over-analysing why I say things... !! Just take the compliment and trust it! Of course he's thinking he never wants to have sex with anyone else again!

Do you really think he's there after some great sex, where he feels fantastic about you, and thinking... "Hmmm I wonder what sex with someone else would be like?"?

Now it is possible that some time in the distant future, you guys would have a big fight and break up... and eventually he might have sex with someone else if that happens, as might you. But that's possible with any relationship, early days or otherwise... And he's definitely not thinking about that!

what else is he going to say? would you rather he say "I hope the sex is this good with all the other girls I want to sleep with" ?

'...but who knows, that girl i'm meeting up with next week might be better.'

seriously, he was complimenting you on the task that just happened.

Man my gf is like you, always over-analysing why I say things... !! Just take the compliment and trust it! Of course he's thinking he never wants to have sex with anyone else again!

Do you really think he's there after some great sex, where he feels fantastic about you, and thinking... "Hmmm I wonder what sex with someone else would be like?"?

Now it is possible that some time in the distant future, you guys would have a big fight and break up... and eventually he might have sex with someone else if that happens, as might you. But that's possible with any relationship, early days or otherwise... And he's definitely not thinking about that!

This response has hit the nail on the head. Just kick back and go with the flow.

Archived