3 weeks ago today me and my ex broke up. She left me for someone else after a year. A year where we decided we were gonna get a place together and a few weeks after she proposed to me (I said not yet but she was fine with it, we had talked about it before and knew it was gonna happen...well we thought we did).

I was absolutely destroyed by the break up, as everything was fine one day her telling me how much she loved me and some talk about moving in together, next day she left me saying she had feelings for someone else, next day she told me she slept with this other guy, next day she told me they were in a relationship. I took it all pretty badly. Hardly ate anything for the first 2 weeks...lost about a stone in weight...wasnt sleeping...basicaly completely messed up. But eventualy I learnt to get on with life. I still hurt but I ignore my feelings as much as I can.

So after the break up she promised she'd be there for me and we'd always be friends. This turned out to be one last promise she'd break. For the last week we were getting on really well, then all of a sudden on Tuesday in the middle of a normal text conversation she stopped replying without warning. I didnt think much of it until the silence lasted the next day...when I tried to contact her without success. The next day I tried to contact her again with no success...then all of a sudden I got a text of this new guy telling me to leave her alone and that she didnt want to talk to me along with various other threats and bull * * * * . So I text her asking what the hell was going on and she just said "didnt my boyfriend tell you?"...he hadnt really so I asked her and she said I was "pressuring" her. That was Thursday night. Havnt heard from her since.

I really dont get it. Shes a really nice caring girl, and always stays friends with her ex's. I dont get how I could be pressuring her. I wasnt asking anything of her or making demands, I was just talking to her like any other person.

Anyway,on friday I texted her that I wasnt going to bother her until she sorted herself out. After I sent it I deleted her number, my inbox, sent messages etc. so any sort of longing future me couldnt contact her. Again she hasnt tried to contact me.

But what the hell was she talking about? Have I dont the right thing? I think in terms of getting over her no contact will help but obviously am really hurt by all this and upset as she doesnt seem to have one shred of care for me after the amazing relationship we had...everything thats happened has happened suddenly with no explanation. :sad: Shes a nice girl and I really wanted to keep her in my life in some way...

No, she is not a nice, caring girl. Nice caring girls do not whisper words of love to someone, plan on moving in together, propose to a guy and then in the blink of an eye run off with someone else, tell them tall tales so that the guy hurls accusations at the ex. I am not quite sure why you even wanted to be friends with her after she lied to you and betrayed you. As for this new guy...she will likely pull the same stunt on him. Don't try to figure her out...she is a very troubled woman who defies explanation. She has got a screw loose and I would suggest you bury her memory in the garbage pail where she herself belongs.

Archived