What defines a man ?

top bloke

I am interested to see your responses on this question. In myself..I feel strong in being happy for being as god intended and being myself. As a man I feel a natural instinct to look after my family and be protective.. As a man of internal strength I exude masculinity without boastfullness or disrespect. I have a genuine love for people while maintaining my manly reserve.

When I talk to a woman I look her straight in the eye and let her know that she has my undivided attention with respect. Sometimes I see their hands or lips tremble,pupils dilate and smiles get huge instinctively as the conversation goes on but they know I am a man of moral quality and true to my love.They know there is no desperation as from many other men.. I see that when I walk off that they dont look so happy as the connection of polite conversation is over.

As a man I reach down and give a helping hand when needed as I feel my strength can sometimes help...

My wife ..my love I do my best to make her realise that she is the number one woman in my heart..Regardless of wherever I go and talk to in my daily work.

When my babies came out..I was there with the greatest smile and supportive...I was very proud.

When women try to flirt with me I turn my face.

I give enough to the world but not enough to compromise my self respect..

I groom myself ..take care of my body and like to look good...

So what attributes do you admire or recognise in a man?

A man is a guy who takes responsibilty for, not only himself, but for taking care of others around him who may not be able to.

Such as, feeding yourself, paying for yourself, cleaning yourself does not make you a man.

Helping others, standing up for others, and comforting others is something that I would consider what makes you a man.

A man has mastered his instincts for security, sex, and comfort. He can be trusted at his word. He is not afraid to show love to those he calls his own. He is an asset to his community and his business dealings are above reproach. He responds immediately and effectively in a crisis. He continues to better himself throughout his life. He faces his responsibilities with a positive attitude, knowing that he will do his best regardless of the outcome. He shows respect to others and gives extra consideration to those weaker, smaller, or less fortunate. He admits when he's wrong.

To me, a man will defend what is important to him.

He will make his loved ones his priority, his work is important to him, he wants to succeed and be a success, but this isn't to the detriment of his relationships.

A man will be strong (I mean physically), he is there for you. You feel safe around him and don't have to be his protector - he is your protector.

To me, a man takes responsibility in all ways. He is suppose to respect himself and others and he has the best of intentions. A man will take care of a woman and do good to others. A man is someone with strong convictions and he is disciplined. He will always stand up for what believes in and he does not do what people expect of him but what God expects of him.

A man is a guy who takes responsibilty for, not only himself, but for taking care of others around him who may not be able to.

Such as, feeding yourself, paying for yourself, cleaning yourself does not make you a man.

Helping others, standing up for others, and comforting others is something that I would consider what makes you a man.

Cleaning does not make me more of a man but a clean shaven appearance makes me feel more presentable as a man. It makes me feel nice and fresh.. It is about having pride in myself as a man. I like the feeling..its personal...

I think every man and woman deserve to look their best...

The concept of manhood is deranged. Back in the day it used to mean something because with that responsibility and sacrifice came certain rewards and respect. Now the concept of manhood is simply used to control and manipulate unfortunate men into poor working conditions and undue sacrifice. You have no control over women or children and your wages are equal. Why should a man do anything more than a woman ?

The concept of manhood is deranged. Back in the day it used to mean something because with that responsibility and sacrifice came certain rewards and respect. Now the concept of manhood is simply used to control and manipulate unfortunate men into poor working conditions and undue sacrifice. You have no control over women or children and your wages are equal. Why should a man do anything more than a woman ?

This is not about that.This is about what personally defines you as a man.What makes you feel manly? What characterisitics make you the man you are? Not societies view..

Integrity is holding onto your values while they are being tested, and even when no one is watching.

If that is integrity then it goes to the core of what defines all sexes. I have seen men who appeared to be champion examples got to jelly. Watching them my heart has no delight no matter what i think of them.

If you have all of those qualities and are really a woman then you must be pretty special.

- I feel a natural instinct to look after my family and be protective

- I have internal strength

- I have genuine love for people

- I look people straight in the eye when I talk to them

- I give a helping hand when needed

- I take responsibility not only for myself, but the people around me

- I help others, stand up for others, and comfort others

- I have mastered my instincts for security, sex, comfort

- I can be trusted at my word

- I am not afraid to show love

- I am an assset to my community

- My business dealings are above reproach

- I respond immediately in a crisis

- I continue to better myself throughout my life

- I face responsibility with a positive attitude

- I respect others

- I build and take care of what I build

- I defend what is important to me

- Work is important to me, I want to be a success

- In a relationship I am strong, I am there for my partner, he/she can feel safe around me

- I have integrity

ANYONE should strive towards these things and anyone who can say that about themselves, is a special person regardless of their sex.

This is a great post. I hope some of the jelly men in the world read this post. You see I alse believe that people have the choice to turn their backs on the ways of the past and choose a life of strength free of peoples judgement. I believe the jellies of the world who read this can learn by our examples and feel the true meaning of the core makeup of what makes a powerful,sexy,respectful,courageous and good man.

He is a powerhouse to be reckoned with..centred in his heart ..being able to have inner peace but able to muster the ferocity of a lion to protect what is important to him and his good existence.

Archived