Photography thread

floating_away

thank you. i wish i could afford a nice camera. I have a 2megapixel digital camera! It took all those pictures. Seems to work OKAY, but they could be so much bette.r

Honestly for most web/email application 2MP is more than enough. The current digital cameras on the market is great with lots of megapixel but it's not needed unless you're printing poster size copy. They make you think more megapixel = better which is completely false.

I love your pictures by the way

Floating Away I love your photo as well What lens are you shooting with your 5D?

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly for most web/email application 2MP is more than enough. The current digital cameras on the market is great with lots of megapixel but it's not needed unless you're printing poster size copy. They make you think more megapixel = better which is completely false.

I love your pictures by the way

Floating Away I love your photo as well What lens are you shooting with your 5D?

Thanks. I'm actually not shooting with a 5D anymore. I was shooting with it and my Nikon lenses using adapters. Using a Nikon D700 now, and couldn't be happier. Never disappointed with my 5D though.

MissIndigo what camera/lens do you shoot with?

I shoot with a Canon Digital Rebel XTi. All the photos I posted were shot with the EF 28-135 IS 3.5-5.6 lens except the monarch butterfly which I shot with the crappo kit lens, which actually isn't a bad performer around f/8 or f/11.

I'm lusting after some L glass but right now I'm poor. I find though that the 28-135 is a great walkabout lens and it's on my camera 99% of the time, but I am wanting more reach now.

I shoot with a Canon Digital Rebel XTi. All the photos I posted were shot with the EF 28-135 IS 3.5-5.6 lens except the monarch butterfly which I shot with the crappo kit lens, which actually isn't a bad performer around f/8 or f/11.

I'm lusting after some L glass but right now I'm poor. I find though that the 28-135 is a great walkabout lens and it's on my camera 99% of the time, but I am wanting more reach now.

Looks stunning either way I had 70-200mm f/4L but ended up selling it...regretting it. I just hated the kit lens since I lived in Seattle where lighting wasn't exactly always available & needed for sports so without a flash or some other lens the pictures never really turned out well. I'm thinking of getting the Cybersync flash trigger for my 580EX and play around with portraits.

Looks stunning either way I had 70-200mm f/4L but ended up selling it...regretting it. I just hated the kit lens since I lived in Seattle where lighting wasn't exactly always available & needed for sports so without a flash or some other lens the pictures never really turned out well. I'm thinking of getting the Cybersync flash trigger for my 580EX and play around with portraits.

Thank you. I'm currently lusting after a 70-200 mm f/2.8L lens and a telephoto extender to go with it to give me some reach out to over 400 mm. The 70-200 either with f/2.8L or f/4L is one of the best lenses Canon has to offer imo. I think my next lens, whenever I can afford one, will be a telephoto since I'm finding that with my 28-135 I'm often shooting at the far end, at the very least 100 mm.

Portraits sound fun--I need to invest in an external flash unit and get going on other aspects of photography, though I do love natural lighting.