It just doesn't work..

elveden

About 2 years ago I had just started a new relationship. Neither of us had had sex before, but we decided it was what we wanted. It went fine. After a few times, we thought it would be good for her to go on the pill. I never had any problems.

2 years down the line however, it seems I'm completely unable to have sex using a condom. I'm finding it quite a big problem. I think it's to do with the fact that using a condom removes so much of the sensitivity. I'm not really sure what to do. I'm in a new relationship now, and my girlfriend hasn't yet gone on the pill - but we're basically forced to wait a month before she can start (which neither of us want to do).

Is it possible I'm doing something wrong? Is this a common problem among men?

All advice appreciated, thanks

Why are you forced to wait a month before she could start the pill? Even if she goes on the pill, just know that the pill doesn't prevent STD so you both might want to get checked out before you have sex without a condom.

We have to wait because she has to start the pill on the first day of her period (and it's just passed).

We have to wait because she has to start the pill on the first day of her period (and it's just passed).

That's not always true. She could start it the first sunday after her period starts, but you have to use a backup form of birth control for a week. Or she could start any day at all and use a backup form of birth control for a week. Do a google search on: "Quick Start" AND "Birth Control Pill". Doctors are recommending girls start on the quick start method because of the greater liklihood that they will still be on the pill 6 months from now and won't get pregnant in the month+ that they are waiting to start it on the first day of their period.

This is what I was told by my doctor, and unless she was told specifically for a certain reason to wait for the first day of her period to start, I don't see why she couldn't do one of the other methods.

Um when I started the pill the doctor only told me you have to wait a week before it was affective, that's for everyone. You don't have to wait until your period starts.

Infact, I didn't have to wait AT ALL because I got off depo 2 days before I got on the pill. That will still be in my system about 6 more months even though I got off it 3 months ago! argh.

Same with my boyfriend. He finds it REALLY hard to cum using them and I don't like them because after a while sex just becomes too uncomfortable.

I've started taking the pill now. I only had to wait until my period because we had unprotected sex. If we hadn't, I could've started taking it right away.

I hate condoms too. My boyfriend didn't mind them so much because he'd never had sex without a condom...but after we did it without a condom for the first time he hated them. lol

I'm on nuva ring, and you just have to wait a week after you first start using it. Your girlfriend could try that out.

Archived