To my brother update

onewithbooks

You just made it easier to let go. Tonight Mom called and said that you were moving out. You made the decision that life with this other woman and all her drama was better than being at home with us. That's fine. You go do what you've gotta do. Mom will still be there for you. I will see you in a decade or two once I have gotten over how you have hurt Mom.

Yes she may have packed your suitcase for you, but I am sure you didnt hear the hurt in her voice. In fact, I know you didnt, but I did. I saw the tears well up in her eyes when I came home and she replayed the events of the evening, like how you fell and she struggled to pick you back up. For all she has done for you, I cant forgive you for the way you treated her. Last night was the first time in months you have said a kind word to Mom, and that was only because you were getting what you wanted. Now you have got it. Good for you.

Yes we came from a bad environment, yeah you caught a lot of stuff in life. But there is no other person on this planet that would have died for you but her. To walk out like that to the woman that you are walking to was like a knife in her.

I can't say I am not relieved you are gone. No more not knowing who is in my house, no more getting cussed at, no more hateful words, and no more of having to clean up after you. This girl cares so much, let her go and clean up your credit and your clothes. I am done. I wash my hands. Go find a new family who will treat you better than this one.

Thank you ladies. You know after he left last night, the house was sooo calm. Mom says she can always tell when he isnt in it. Even when he was in the hospital. It nearly brought tears to my eyes. I havent cried yet. I dont know if I will. I am just ready to clear his stuff out and start over. Is that normal? It doesnt feel normal. I have been grieving for him for a long time, so may that is why this part that is supposed to be sad is so short. Or maybe, I am just not dealing with it, in favor of something I can deal with, e.g. the dump he left in the basement.

Last night after he left, I had the thought gee tomorrow is trash day, maybe mom and I could get that mattress out. I told her that in a joking way and she laughed and said - much to my surprise - she had thought the same thing.

Archived