money budgeting

greywolf

I need tips to bring my budget down.

I only make about 800 to 900 a month. My rent is 500. That leaves me with 300-400. Then I have my cell bill, food, and whatever expenses out there. I would also like to be able to save some money and to pay off my credit card. But I seem to be having a hard time doing this. Seriously, sometimes I wonder where all the money goes!

Although gas alone does cost me almost 100 bucks a month. Ughhh.

Coupons? Those are rather embarrasing, lol. Make a list of only what you need at the grocery store, going down every isle just makes it so that you buy things you don't need. Sit down write a list of things to eat for each meal for the week. Only buy what you need, if something you love is on sale, as long as its something you eat a lot of, then buy a lot of it! Not excessively, but when something is on sale its a good thing to generally stock up. Sometimes store brands taste better. Your from ca? DO NOT GO TO VONS/pavilions! They are the most expensive jacked up place there is.

Im a 99 cent store, Ross shopping, Goodwill searching, if I find cool jeans on the street for free I will wash em and wear em kinda dude. So I do this: I get paid, 4400 a month, 33-3500 is being put into a billing account, my billing account is an external checking account attached to my primary. This account has no debit card and only checks for paying bills. Everything in my primary account is for whatever I want. Also I save roughly 3-500 a month. This way I have all of my bills taken care of, savings taken care of, and spending money. If I overspend Im screwed no matter what, knowing that I dont over spend. I also schedule spending. Groceries and laundry on sunday for example.

Im a 99 cent store, Ross shopping, Goodwill searching, if I find cool jeans on the street for free I will wash em and wear em kinda dude. So I do this: I get paid, 4400 a month, 33-3500 is being put into a billing account, my billing account is an external checking account attached to my primary. This account has no debit card and only checks for paying bills. Everything in my primary account is for whatever I want. Also I save roughly 3-500 a month. This way I have all of my bills taken care of, savings taken care of, and spending money. If I overspend Im screwed no matter what, knowing that I dont over spend. I also schedule spending. Groceries and laundry on sunday for example.

very smart.... what are you saving for??

So what do you do for a living? LOL Well that you make 4,400 a month!

what kind of job do you have thats 800-900 a month? if its part time can you get more hours to get full time? or maybe try to get a better job? i was already getting 700 a month working 20hr/week before at a student job so i guess 800/900 looks weird to me if its full time.

and how big is the place , can you get a roommate? if food is the only thing you can save on then i guess i would follow the advice already given above if i were you. good luck!

what kind of job do you have thats 800-900 a month? if its part time can you get more hours to get full time? or maybe try to get a better job? i was already getting 700 a month working 20hr/week before at a student job so i guess 800/900 looks weird to me if its full time.

and how big is the place , can you get a roommate? if food is the only thing you can save on then i guess i would follow the advice already given above if i were you. good luck!

This is true. I also use my spair time to make extra money. If you can do that then it will help greatly. Ebay is not bad if you have good sense of sales and trends and you can make a few hundred extra dollars at some points. If youv'e got additional skills use em. I make an extra 500-1000(included in 4400) bucks a month from graphic design, a part time gig, HAHA of which I dont have right now and need to aquire.

I work part time. I can't work more cuz I go to school full time

In California her rent has to be roommate. Why don't you try to find a job that pays a bit more? Like an office job? Or wait that's what ya have huh. We are actually hiring soon at my job! LOL

I get paid 11. I think that's pretty good already.

Maybe I just need to try cranking out the hours.

What part of California? Have you tried restaurant work as a hostess or server?

I haven't. I really like my job though. They are very flexible with my school schedule.

I suppose I could start working more hours if come to work earlier on the days that I have school. I think I might do that.

Archived