What do you do when you feel like you can't cope?

What do you do? Those times when you want to do anything to get that special someone back but you know its pointless but you still want to do something. You go around in a little circle in your head. You chest aches and you feel like quivering. You want to cry but can't. You just don't know how to deal with the present. You know what you should be doing to get over everything, but you just can't.

I used to talk to my mother when I feel like I do now, but she had a stroke and is in the hospital herself. I can't bring this to her. I also can't see her since she is 2500 miles away now, so no one around me to hug. I'm alone here in this city I moved to earlier this year, and that makes it harder. My ex was my friend in addition to my lover, so I can't talk to her about it. I still hope every night she will call me. I miss her so.

So what do you do?

I try talking to my roommate about it, but he hasn't dated anyone in 5 years. I helps but not really all that much.

I have been planning on going back to see her. She won't get out of rehab for a long time, but I do miss mom. Unfortunately with airline prices, I have to wait two weeks to go.

I guess I am still at that point where nothing sounds fun. I love my car and going off into the mountains to drive, but it just doesn't appeal to me now. I race the car too in autocross events, and I even won the regional championship for my class. However, t didn't make me happy or bring me joy. I guess I just have to wait it out.

But I am still interested in hearing more ways yall deal with those intense feelings of sadness.

i totally relate Shentar. Horrible place to be. You could even probably write a book yourself on tips on how to move on from this, given the amount of research you have done on the net on how to get over something and yet........you cant move on. Its a bit like when you tell yourself to try to ignore a white elephant.....you just see it right in front of you.

Honestly, its like torture.

The mine is self perpetuating like that.........you can actually be having an argument in your head....one side is rational " she doesnt want you anymore, ever" and one side says " yes, but...just maybe". Sometimes, my mind is like that and i shout out " argggghhh".

how do i deal with it ? well, ym best resource so far has been to take some life coaching over the net. Its relatively cheap. Feel free to email me if you want the site and the chaps name.

What do you do? Those times when you want to do anything to get that special someone back but you know its pointless but you still want to do something. You go around in a little circle in your head. You chest aches and you feel like quivering. You want to cry but can't. You just don't know how to deal with the present. You know what you should be doing to get over everything, but you just can't.

So what do you do?

i can feel your pain, i can cry tho... i cry a lot actually, but no relief

How long has it been for you Shentar? I usually cope by looking forward to the weekend and going out to get drunk. Not the best way to deal with it and i always feel 10x worse the day after but it gives me a break from feeling like crap for a few hours at least.

Since the breakup? about a week. I have strong moments, but I feel like I have more weak ones than strong ones.

After work I went to the gym. Ran two miles and lifted weights for an hour. Everytime she jumped in my head, I just pushed harder. I am sore today, but I at least feel like I did something. Sorta wish I could just sleep it off. I had thought about going out to a bar this weekend. Drink a little and at least see that there are cute girls out there. Probably shouldn't talk to any, but at least see them.

Not long at all then. It will get a lot better but it will take time. You should get yourself out and about. I wouldn't recommend drinking too much though even though I always manage to get completely hammered. No reason why you can't talk to other girls too unless it will make you feel uncomfortable. Get out there and see what is about, you probably aren't ready yet but there is no harm in seeing whats about for when you are ready

Archived