Please Explain this as I am baffled

Here is our Text converation last night

X: "Hi"

C: "Hey I was just talking about you"

X: "Oh drats"

C: What time do you leave tomorrow?

X: 3

C: Oh that is good you must be excited!

X: Ya I am.. But I'm sad too... I just feel bad about everything with us double drats..

C: Why do you feel bad?

X: I dont know I just am

C: Well what do you think will help.

X: Writing and I didnt do it tonight... but I will on plane for 3 hours.. Almost done turnarounds on people. (AA Stuff)

C: That is good have a good night

X: I love u

Blue Great Picture

Mutley - Dont we know this to be true.

Yeah he is gone for a week so that will give me time to remind myself for when he gets back to be strong and come on here...

It is confusing I miss him but I really do not... I know you guys all understand...

Having fond emotions and missing someone doesn't fix the problems, and you have to remind yourself of that. Getting back together just means more of the same you've already had and discovered that didn't work for you.

It also doesn't undo the fact that he was cheating on you on the side. For all you know, after he sent you that little text session, he turned around and sent the exact same thing to the other girl.

Don't let a little loneliness and emotion take your eyes off the fact that he is who he is and what he is doesn't work for you.

Also, i noticed you said this:

C: Why do you feel bad?

X: I dont know I just am

C: Well what do you think will help.

you fell right into his trap there. he tells you he feels bad and you rush in like the good mommy he wants and start asking him what will help. the focus is on HIM and his feelings, not what you need to be healthy and happy. That's co-dependent behavior there to immediately think you need to 'fix' him or help him. If he feels bad, HE SHOULD, because he really screwed things up and cheated and lied to you.

If he'd been saying, i'm sorry i made YOU feel bad and here is what i intend to do about, that would be different. But these little texts are all about him and his feelings and wanting mommy to fix it and make it better.

Don't fall for it honey. stay strong, you're better than that!

Archived