There is no 2nd date now, girl sent me this email this morning

ConfusedDater

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am starting to get a feeling that may be she did not want to see CD again for the second date because he wanted to split the bill for the first one... especially for something purchased at a coffee place....

CD.. bro please man.... next time foot the bill

I don't think it was that big of a deal since she contacted after the date

This feedback is very helpful to CD. He is still learning.

CD, you asked her to split the bill for coffee? COME ON MAN!

No it wasn't a typical Cafe, they didn't wait on you, you had to get up and go inside yourself. So while were outside sitting down she said I can go in first and get what I want so we could save our table. Then when I came back she went in while I sat outside and waited for her. So that's how we both paid for our own stuff

No it wasn't a typical Cafe, they didn't wait on you, you had to get up and go inside yourself. So while were outside sitting down she said I can go in first and get what I want so we could save our table. Then when I came back she went in while I sat outside and waited for her. So that's how we both paid for our own stuff

you should have told her to save the table and gone in and get both of yours or give her enough money to get both.

Yea, you should have asked what she wanted and got it for her.

It's okay. Lessons learned for next time. You are in learning mode right now.

But do you really think that was a factor 5 days later?

I'm not sure. It is doubtful. EVen after this date she seemed enthused. I personally think she found someone else on the site she liked better. It might have been an ex she has gone back and forth with, but probably more like another date worked out really well and she used the other excuse as it sounds better and maybe not as hurtful as saying "i found somenoe i like better".

But don't let this get you down. It is par for the course with internet dating. You have to keep going. You get a lot of hits, you are bound to find one that sticks.

Keep on going. Plough ahead.

the more details you are providing the more it looks like she just wanted to have a cup of coffee in mugshots with you... not a date. at least that's the idea i am getting here.... see... she is also saying in her email "I know you're looking for more than a platonic relationship".. that sounds very unusual to me... why would a girl going on a date use the word plutonic?

the more details you are providing the more it looks like she just wanted to have a cup of coffee in mugshots with you... not a date. at least that's the idea i am getting here.... see... she is also saying in her email "I know you're looking for more than a platonic relationship".. that sounds very unusual to me... why would a girl going on a date use the word plutonic?

I would hope and pray she is not that retarded. Why would a woman get dress and get in car to go and just have a cup of coffee?

I don't kiss on the first date, and she used the word platonic because that's the only thing that she can be at this time since she is dealing with some other guy.

NOw is this some other rigid CD plan here to not kiss on the first date? What is the reasoning behind that? I am not talking about a full out kiss with tongues but a kiss on the lips if she seems she really enjoyed the evening wouldn't kill anybody.

NOw is this some other rigid CD plan here to not kiss on the first date? What is the reasoning behind that? I am not talking about a full out kiss with tongues but a kiss on the lips if she seems she really enjoyed the evening wouldn't kill anybody.

My confidence level is not that high to start going in for a kiss on a 1st or 2nd date. Damm, you have to crawl before you can walk

Don't kiss your next date if you're not feeling each other.

Gry, kissing after does not make it officially a date. Don't give advice like that man

he says she chose the coffee place... they split the bill... and no kiss... to me it does not look like a date... so i am asking him to do the things that typically happens in a first date... how is that bad advice?

Don't kiss your next date if you're not feeling each other.

Gry, kissing after does not make it officially a date. Don't give advice like that man

I think it goes without saying that the mentioning of a kiss on the lips is ONLY if they are feeling it. That is what I meant in my post and mentioned that...that if the date felt like it went very well and she was enthusiastic a peck on the lips is nice to let her know there was interest.

I know when i was dating if there was no movement at all made to lean in for a goodnight kiss i would feel he wasn't into me. A lot of women are like that.

I;'m not talking a full out french kiss or anything. A peck on the lips. Hell i even kiss my friends when i leave when we go out. Just a friendly peck on lips or cheek. NOw i know everyone doesn't do that but a peck on the lips after a very nice first date lets her know there is interest.

Archived