Running into ex's family/friends

needs

This hasn't happened but I would like to be rpepared if it ever does. I am the dumpee and had done nothing wrong so there would be no hard feelings toward me from anyone close to ehr in my life. Everyone liked me and enjoyed my company and I'm sure was shocked when my ex broke the news.

My question is, its only been 3 weeks since the break up. I do still hold hope of reconciling but at the same time are moving on like its the end. How do I handle running into family/friends of hers if the topic comes up. What's the right things to say? Act like i'm happy? Moved on? Say I miss her? Just want to know the best way to handle that.

My question is, its only been 3 weeks since the break up. I do still hold hope of reconciling but at the same time are moving on like its the end. How do I handle running into family/friends of hers if the topic comes up. What's the right things to say? Act like i'm happy? Moved on? Say I miss her? Just want to know the best way to handle that.

Be prepared for the worse....you never know what she told about you to justify her leaving (specially if you were left for someone else). I was in exactly that situation and it really sucked. Just say "hi" and leave.

thanks guys, the family has had troubles of their own with my ex when she was a few years younger. Shes been depressed, lashed out at them, things of that nature. They once said to me "your a saint, I don't know how you do it" I'm assuming they feel for me in thes situation and know what their daughter is capable of...As for the friends, who knows that she told. Who cares I guess I should say. short hi and bye seems like the right thing

I'm afraid to run into his family/friends now becuase we had a fight a the end and said our goodbyes and I deleted them all from my facebook... did it becuase i was angry and also becuase i knew i wouldnt be able to handle seeing status updates from all of them all the time... constant reminders i didn't want. i thought i was doing what was best for me at the time.. but now i just feel it was a psycho mean immature thing to do, and im sure they all know i deleted all of them. and he's probably made me out to be the badguy and i just gave him fuel to add to the fire by deleting all of them. so, i hope i never run into any of them because im sure they dont think too highly of me now.. although they all really liked me when i was with him... who knows.. maybe they understand... i'll never find out.

• 7 years later...

It can certainly feel awkward running into an ex's family member or friend because you don't know if the ex has said anything bad to them about you. The trick is to maintain a 'cool' front, keep the ex out of the conversation and your interactions with them short. Just exchange a few pleasantries and end the interaction by saying "Hey, it was great to see you and I hate to cut this short, but I have to get going here. Take care, and I'll see you around!" Just give them a warm handshake and wave before walking away with your head high. Whatever you say, say NOTHING about the ex.....keep an air of mystery around you.

Archived