Yesterday was my birthday and my bestfriend did not even call me. She did text me in the evening, but the day before she texted me to tell me that she'll call to wish me a Happy Birthday. I know it sounds dramatic and maybe I'm being too sensitive. But I just think that when someone tells you something they should follow through with it. It really pisses me off that she does this all the time. A part of me wants to confront her, but another part me tells me not to. I don't want to seem cheap or desparate. What happened yesterday made me re-evaluate our whole friendship. I know that when you are someone's friend you should always forgive them, but it's so hard. I know that no one is perfect, and that we all make mistakes. But things like that, just piss me off and stresses me out. I don't know what to do. I know when it's all said and done, I have to do what is right for me. If something makes me unhappy, I have to let it go and learn from the experience. I'm thinking about telling her how I feel. I'm going to ask her why she tells me one thing and do another. Why does she feel that it's necessary to tell me something and not do it? I'm also going to tell her that lying and deceitfulness has no place in a friendship. I'm going to try to be as real as possible. What do people think? Is that too harsh. How should I tell her how I feel?

To me it is a bit harsh. She probably honestly had things come up or it slipped her mind.

I would just ask her why she didn't call. I don't think she was out to lie and be deceitful to you. Give her a chance to apologize. I promise you will feel a bit better when she does. I also am pretty sure she feels horrible about it.

We are only human and all make mistakes.

Take some deep breathes, let that stress and hurt go and call her.

Time is to short not to have friends.

I think you are blowing this out of proportion a little bit. I always remember my friend's birthdays. A few days before they happen and then the day after. But I hardly ever remember on their birthdays. Even my best friends. Some people are really bad with dates and that sort of thing. But if you think that you need to say things to her then by all means, use this as an oppertunity to do so.

I'm not sure where you got lying and deceitfulness from her forgetfulness. That's a bit of a stretch isn't it? I understand you are upset that she forgot to call, but you did mention she does this all the time. If she's a forgetful person, it's not likely to change. It is just who she is.

Unless you think she deliberately didn't call you or there is something else about this that you haven't mentioned?

Archived