I need bible help

soul_soother

I've posted before about me needing to take care of my mother... My father is extremely emotionally and physically abusive to my mother. Unfortunately my dad is the town city "do gooder" typical BS... Anyway I lost faith in religion when I was 12 because, looking at my dad being such a huge thing in our Catholic church, I didn't see how people can preach so hard, and never practice. Go from good church God loving person to an extremely abusive person..

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had bible quotes that could help me that show that abusing mentally/verbally/physically to family or quotes about loving your wife, treating her right. I think maybe if it comes straight from this it might help.. I would appreciate any please, and if your too embarressed to say, you can Private Message me it.

I've posted before about me needing to take care of my mother... My father is extremely emotionally and physically abusive to my mother. Unfortunately my dad is the town city "do gooder" typical BS... Anyway I lost faith in religion when I was 12 because, looking at my dad being such a huge thing in our Catholic church, I didn't see how people can preach so hard, and never practice. Go from good church God loving person to an extremely abusive person..

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had bible quotes that could help me that show that abusing mentally/verbally/physically to family or quotes about loving your wife, treating her right. I think maybe if it comes straight from this it might help.. I would appreciate any please, and if your too embarressed to say, you can Private Message me it.

This is back from my Bible study/ex-Christian days. Hope it helps.

Ephesians 5:25

And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. He gave up his life for her.

Colossians 3:19

And you husbands must love your wives and never treat them harshly.

Proverbs 14:29

Those who control their anger have great understanding; those with a hasty temper will make mistakes.

1 Thessalonians 5:11

So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

Archived