Gonna become a pothead

CynicalGuitarist

I would just like to interject here that all of us who went to school had to 'waste' our time on those useless classes that everyone had to take that had noting to do with your interests or degree... and when you get older, you realize that they were not nearly as useless as you once thougth... well not all of them, but thousands of people suffer through them all the time... now that I make $45.00 an hour... I'm pretty thankful I stuck it out... Just my comment here

My opinion may be biased since I'm straight edge, but here it goes..

I am a bassist/vocalist, and smoking just doesnt help. Your singing can greatly improve with practice if you do not damage your vocal cord, which is exactly what smoking will do

I've never smoked, so I dont know what it's like - but next time you have a temptation, think about this

spending money damaging your vocal box permanently,

or spending the same amount of money on singing lessons, further improving your talent. if music makes you happy - atleast somewhat, pursue it more then anything else, because the better you get at it, the happier and more accomplished you will feel. Especially if you're limited on funds, you should not waste it on temporary substances to alter your perception of your feelings. Look inside and find what really makes you happy.

I know you can smoke in moderation - but I think (and the main point of my post) is to try to keep your eye on the long term goal.

Again, sorry if it's biased.

I don't understand why you aren't doing a job that uses your hands. ??

Plenty of jobs like that which do not require degrees, a lot of experience, or anything but a willing attitude to work and a strong back.

Physical work can be cleansing, especially for someone whose mind likes to run a mile a minute. Focus on the task at hand, make some decent money.

And you will be working so much that when you do enjoy a joint or a bag, it will be only on those occasions where it won't get in the way with getting up in the morning and getting that paycheck.

Even if it doesn't give you the answers for your future, it may give you some motivation to start caring and to experience some accomplishment again.

And you never know...maybe you would be good at a trade. There is always demand for someone willing to become a skilled tradesperson.

Most of the guys I know who struggled their life with problems such as yourself, found their place in things such as Welding, Carpentry, Construction, Laying pipe and the like.

It's something to think about.

Archived