Would I be ruining my face if I got a piercing?

ElasticMagnetic

I was kind of thinking about getting my nose pierced or a lip ring, but would that ruin my face? I need an opinion.

link removed

Would I look okay with a facial piercing? or no? I hate straight forward pics because I look better with my head turned to the side a little. And please don't mind the light. x__x I didn't know exactly where to put this...

I'm sure others will tell me off for this, but don't do it. Just don't. I totally understand the urge, but don't. You don't know where life is going to take you at this age, you might want to do things later where you get judged negatively for facial piercings, or you might find that in a few years that you hate the fact that there is a scar there.

Cut your hair or dye it or something. You can do something wild and different to yourself that way, but at least it can be changed back! (By the way, I haven't looked at your picture, so the hair comment has nothing to do with the way you look).

I'm sure others will tell me off for this, but don't do it. Just don't. I totally understand the urge, but don't. You don't know where life is going to take you at this age, you might want to do things later where you get judged negatively for facial piercings, or you might find that in a few years that you hate the fact that there is a scar there.

Cut your hair or dye it or something. You can do something wild and different to yourself that way, but at least it can be changed back! (By the way, I haven't looked at your picture, so the hair comment has nothing to do with the way you look).

I'm looking for people's opinions, so I don't see why people should tell you off for it. Thank you for the advice.

Don't worry about the hair comment. I dye my hair a lot anyway.

When I was 19 I went through a phase of piercing my ears. I had four in one ear and three in the other and I thought I was cool and that it went some way to showing the world how....I don't know - unique I was.

As the years went by I took the earrings out because all I looked was cheap. It lacked class. And now I am 35 with a bunch of holes in my ears - they never went away.

These days I think that piercings and tattoos often just look cheap on people. Sometimes they have their place but it does not tend to be in corporate settings or anywhere where there is a need to look classy. If the piercings or tattoos are on show, this can then limit people in how they choose to evolve as they grow older. It limits job prospects and it works against you in various other settings. It is for this reason that I am grateful that I did not have the finances or the opportunity to feed my desire to get a nose ring or tattoos when I was younger.

Aw you're a hottie . I think a nose ring or side lip ring would look hella good on you. As for the scar depends on the person and how you heal. I've had my septum and my lip pierced in the past and you can barely see any scars. My friend however, had her cheek and her eyebrow pierced and the scars are somewhat noticeable.

As for as looking formal and professional, piercings don't really help when you're going for job interviews so make sure to take them out right before or get fillers.

I wouldn't do it, but not because I think it would "ruin" your face but that's only my personal preference. I don't like facial piercings... I think they are distracting and take away from a person's natural beauty.

I think they add character. I'm not really into the whole "natural beauty" thing, I don't mind seeing a punked out chick with piercings, tattoos, black make up and pink hair, yum! But hey, that's me.

keep in mind that it will possibly leave a scar on your nose. (I have one, and 8 holes in my ears and a labret) But eventually, I had to grow up.

PLEASE do not touch your lips. You are a beautiful girl. personally, I think a nose ring would look cute, but I really dont think you need it. (coming from a guy with tons of ink that I can wear under a suit, lol)

I hate facial piercings so my advice is to NOT to do it. You look fine without it, you don't need this kind of stuff. To me ANY girl is less attractive with facial piercings (besides, so many girls are doing it it no longer has anything original about it). But you can't please everyone anyway. So it comes down to personal preference. Some will love it, others will hate it.

You are a beautiful girl and you don't want to do anything to your face that permanently alters your appearance.

You're not thinking about it now, but depending on the type of job you want to work (and you will have to work), facial piercings are just not acceptable and will interfere with getting/keeping a good job. You may work in alternative careers where facial piercings are fine, but you don't want to limit your options now because you are only 15 and don't know what that entails.

I definitely wouldn't do a lip piercing because that would be a very obvious scar, and a worse one if there is an infection. I have seen nose piercings heal fairly well, but that depends on the person and how badly they scar.

I think they make most people look like they are insecure with their own personality/uniqueness and thereforee need to flaunt it in a physical way. It's very teenager-ish to me. I think people have less character when they have facial piercings.

Well thats you and I think its a quite a big generalization to say that people who have piercings are insecure with their personality/uniqueness. I just see them as an accessory, that's it. It's like painting your nails or wearing jewellery.

I was kind of thinking about getting my nose pierced or a lip ring, but would that ruin my face? I need an opinion.

link removed

Would I look okay with a facial piercing? or no? I hate straight forward pics because I look better with my head turned to the side a little. And please don't mind the light. x__x I didn't know exactly where to put this...

Nose ring would be cute. But, please, DO NOT do the lip thing.

Archived