well, I have given quite a bit of advice to others regarding valentines day gifts, yet this doesnt help me with what I should do for my bf. First off, he has never celebrated vday because he thinks it is too overrated and he isnt what you would call the "romantic" type. He has had quite a few previous gf and has been with them during vday but has never gotten them anything, nor have they done so for him. He has told me that this will change this year...he plans to get/do something for me. His family is very surprised because it just adds more into the equation of how he has fallen for me. I dont have any clue what it will be. I mean, it could be anything from a card, to jewlery. Either way, I will be just as happy that he made an attempt. So all of this does apply to my question. I have no clue what to get him. Everything that I think of or suggest is too mushy gushy for him. Anything that he does for me, he knows I will love and it will be appreciated. but I want to do something for him that isn't completely pouring with gush. I know that vday is the day you are supposed to be mushy and all, but I think he would be uncomfortable and not know how to respond if I do anything even like getting a teddy bear or giving him a poem. I thought of getting promise rings for us, but he is rather afraid of commitment and I think it would make him uncomfortable. I am sort of pushing things as it is...I should be grateful and satisfied with the fact that we live together... I dont want to push the issue of "forever" too much or it will push him away. I feel like there are too many restrictions for me to figure out the perfect thing to to or get him. If anyone has any ideas, they would be really greatly appreciated. Thanx!

I'd say it's generally easier from the other way around. One suggestion I found for guys was to try to interest the girl in a hobby by picking up a cute version of an item to get them interested in it. For instance, guys like games and would surely love their girls to play with them. link removed[/i]]Gametab has a list over at link removed for games cute for Valentine's day.

What should you do? I don't know... Maybe buy some games you can play together

I think those are all very good suggestions...I think that you write great poetry, why not write him something memorable, give it to him in a nice card with something that you know he needs like a new shirt or something!

Maybe some invitation to do something intersting that he might like like go to a concert or something...