I read somewhere that you should keep yourself busy with working out, hobbies and spending time with friends to help recover from a major breakup. I also read that you can try doing things that you'r scared of.

So.....being a white boy with absolutly no rythum...I have signed up for Salsa classes.

For me this is kinda scary...since I am a really bad dancer and I'm very self consious when it comes to hitting the dance floor. Hopefully..this will also get me into a new circle of people where I can make new friends since almost all my old friends are heavly attached to my ex-wife.

I really love being active...so this will allow me to kill about 4 birds with one stone.

Exercise, meeting new friends, learning something new and making myself more attractive to other woman. This is also a skill that will come in handy for many, many years.

Nice one man, if you sit about and do nothing it just makes it worse.

I went to the Speed Dating and joined a Dating site(link removed)

Have met and am in contact with 5/6 different girls now.

Its the last thing I thought I would have done but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Starting to feel more positive about life now and am pretty much over my ex although I do think about her.

My biggest problem now is I am getting bored.

I'm so used to doing everything with my ex...and always having her around to chat and hang with (over the last 11 yrs).

Now I have a lot of time to myself. I can't fill it all in with activities. There are the evenings when I now have to watch TV by myself, cook and eat by myself (that is the toughest), have breakfast by myself. I am getting bored.

There is only so much time you can spend at the gym.

Most of everyone I know is a couple and I feel like a third leg hanging around them.

My biggest problem now is I am getting bored.

I'm so used to doing everything with my ex...and always having her around to chat and hang with (over the last 11 yrs).

Now I have a lot of time to myself. I can't fill it all in with activities. There are the evenings when I now have to watch TV by myself, cook and eat by myself (that is the toughest), have breakfast by myself. I am getting bored.

There is only so much time you can spend at the gym.

Most of everyone I know is a couple and I feel like a third leg hanging around them.

I know the feeling ....I miss him so much, my house feels so empty, and its very lonely. I hate sleeping in our bed with out him. I hate watching cops with out him. Its so very LONELY!!!!

Archived