Hows the University folk doing?

I'm a returning in the Fall University Folk. And boy there's a lot to do just in returning. I'm also a little worried about all the studying I'll have to take on, hoping I can get good grades. Funny how when I was young I was just hoping to scrape by now I want good grades. All figured out with the financial aid office, reward letters go July 28th. I recall a friend who filed bankruptcy got financial aid so I will to. It's a long commitment but I think I'm mostly prepped for it.

I'm a returning in the Fall University Folk. And boy there's a lot to do just in returning. I'm also a little worried about all the studying I'll have to take on, hoping I can get good grades. Funny how when I was young I was just hoping to scrape by now I want good grades. All figured out with the financial aid office, reward letters go July 28th. I recall a friend who filed bankruptcy got financial aid so I will to. It's a long commitment but I think I'm mostly prepped for it.

Awesome! What you studying Jetta?

good luck! How come u decided to go back now?

Just wondering how our enotalone university folk are doing?

Which Uni you at? What u studying? How you finding it?

I'm studying to be a teacher, and I'm finding it pretty easy to tell you the truth.. i don't think I'm being challenged.. just a lot of busy work.

You working over summer?

I was planning to! but then nobody called me back! and the summer is almost over for me so.. i guess not haha

and the frightening question..what happens in life after university!?! //...

I will probably stop being a poor college student, and move on to be a poor adult? hahahaha hopefully good things will happen!, i cant wait to be in my own classroom!

I'm studying to be a teacher, and I'm finding it pretty easy to tell you the truth.. i don't think I'm being challenged.. just a lot of busy work.

You working over summer?

I was planning to! but then nobody called me back! and the summer is almost over for me so.. i guess not haha

I will probably stop being a poor college student, and move on to be a poor adult? hahahaha hopefully good things will happen!, i cant wait to be in my own classroom!

Huh how is summer nearly over?? *checks calandar worriedly*

Good luck! what subject and age you want 2 teach?

I have considered teaching 2.

Huh how is summer nearly over?? *checks calandar worriedly*

Good luck! what subject and age you want 2 teach?

I have considered teaching 2.

yeah i get back to school end of august, ok so its a month away but still it goes by pretty fast

and I'm thinking of teaching fourth/fifth grade

from my experiences they're mostly the well behaved ones (compared to the others that is)

and subject.. math would be good

Awesome! What you studying Jetta? Planning to study Communications with a minor in either Music or Child Psychology. I'm talking with my advisor via e-mail to get my major declared. It's listed as undecided, I tried for Music Therapy only I didn't get in.

good luck! How come u decided to go back now? Good question, I've always wanted to return did return back in 2001 only I got pregnant and ended up quitting. Now I'm totally single and figure nows the time.

You working over summer?

and the frightening question..what happens in life after university!?!

I go to school in Toronto, studying Sociology (minor in Human Resources and Psych) in my 3rd/4th year. I do like learning in this field, but I think I hate the program at my school...however I'm almost done, so I'll just tough it out.

I'm not employed right now, I gave job applications left, right and centre but I got no calls back, mainly because I started late.

After school ends I'll most likely work, but I think I may go to grad school after a year or so.

You working over summer?

girl friend

i'm doing good. i'm studying economics.. to be an accountant. to be honest it is a bit boring, not really so hard though i have become a bit lazy to dedicate time to the studying/homework.

i won't be working over the summer though.. but it's been pretty boring too the past weeks. i have been home not doing much. at night is when i go out, etc.

but after summer around september/october i start my internship. but i don't have a place yet. working on it.

at the moment i am not living on campus, just staying home. sometimes i wish i did go study further so i would have gotten a taste of being a "responsible adult" lol. paying bills and whatnot.

oh and life after uni.. omg..

hmmm.

i MAY continue and go onto to study to be a register accountant. i have about 2.5 years more to go though before i decide.

i'm hoping after uni, if i don't continue studying i get a well paying job.

i don't know what else is in store..

You'll get a good job Jeckyll. I worked in accounting (low end) and it pays well. I was always top of the link removed chart.

I don't know what I'll be doing after college I have a few years. The plan is to work and start by getting a nice apartment, eventually buy a house again. My plans never go accordingly so we'll just see what happens.

yeah i get back to school end of august, ok so its a month away but still it goes by pretty fast

and I'm thinking of teaching fourth/fifth grade

from my experiences they're mostly the well behaved ones (compared to the others that is)

and subject.. math would be good

You're braver than me!

Maths n all!

Awesome! What you studying Jetta? Planning to study Communications with a minor in either Music or Child Psychology. I'm talking with my advisor via e-mail to get my major declared. It's listed as undecided, I tried for Music Therapy only I didn't get in.

good luck! How come u decided to go back now? Good question, I've always wanted to return did return back in 2001 only I got pregnant and ended up quitting. Now I'm totally single and figure nows the time.

Defos chose the Child Psychology minor - in my opinion anyhow, i've loved learning the child health and development areas. besides.. it could come in handy one day... you'll be able to de-analyse your own kids! lol

I go to school in Toronto, studying Sociology (minor in Human Resources and Psych) in my 3rd/4th year.

Oh cool i love Sociology!!! Well played dude!

i'm doing good. i'm studying economics.. to be an accountant. to be honest it is a bit boring, not really so hard though i have become a bit lazy to dedicate time to the studying/homework.

i won't be working over the summer though.. but it's been pretty boring too the past weeks. i have been home not doing much. at night is when i go out, etc.

but after summer around september/october i start my internship. but i don't have a place yet. working on it.

at the moment i am not living on campus, just staying home. sometimes i wish i did go study further so i would have gotten a taste of being a "responsible adult" lol. paying bills and whatnot.

oh and life after uni.. omg..

hmmm.

i MAY continue and go onto to study to be a register accountant. i have about 2.5 years more to go though before i decide.

i'm hoping after uni, if i don't continue studying i get a well paying job.

i don't know what else is in store..

good luck with ur internship! Im busy sorting out mine too atm.

all the dam forms and police checks etc.

life after uni.. its terrifying.! im sure i can be a student at least til i'm 30 though!!! Literally. Lmao

what about you girl friend?

Me? Thanks for asking.

I'm a psych major. Mental health; credentials in self-injury behaviours, eating disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, depression.

Sounds like a real hoot when i put it like that.

I attend...

Grand Valley State University

I'm studying...

Art and something else that I haven't decided on

I'm finding it...

Long, hard, ready to be done!

Summer work...

The economy is horrible. I still haven't found anything worthwhile.

After I'm finished...

Who the hell knows?

I'm majoring in a form of robotics engineering, entering my 4th year (of 5), and absolutely loving it. There's so many projects to get involved with that anyone, no matter how smart, can find a challenge. And this summer I'm working on... you guessed it... a robot.

The job market is supposedly really good for us. Already, even as a student, I've received more job offers than I can accept.

Haha, it probably sounds like I'm advertising, but I'm just sooo happy where I'm at now. But it's great to see that ENA is full of individuals each with their own interests.

@ girl friend cool. i think it will be very rewarding when you see patients you have helped later on.. i can only imagine the feeling.

i agree.. we don't realise it but when you stop to think.. yes lie after uni seems.. uh.. very scary. people start pushing the M word (marriage) on you, you need to go sort your bills out, mortgages and whatnot.

i am looking forward to being DONE with studying though. it's really pretty boring lol and i have respect for people who actually still do homework.

i wouldn't mind working b/c well.. work stays THERE where is school work always follows you home and then there are tests. that's just how i see it. but we'll see when i get a job..

I'm a teacher who is in school to earn her Special Education Credential. I want to teach Special Ed Math and Social Sciences on the High School level. I'm also pursuing a Masters in Human Development. Whew! I have a lot on my plate. I am going to summer school and working two jobs: I'm a legal secretary (I do this every summer), and an after school tutor in a math clinic (I love math).

@ girl friend cool. i think it will be very rewarding when you see patients you have helped later on.. i can only imagine the feeling.

i agree.. we don't realise it but when you stop to think.. yes lie after uni seems.. uh.. very scary. people start pushing the M word (marriage) on you, you need to go sort your bills out, mortgages and whatnot.

i am looking forward to being DONE with studying though. it's really pretty boring lol and i have respect for people who actually still do homework.

i wouldn't mind working b/c well.. work stays THERE where is school work always follows you home and then there are tests. that's just how i see it. but we'll see when i get a job..

Yeah Thanks Jecky i can't wait, thats a long way off though, at least 4 more years training, if not more.

Life after Uni? I can't wait actually. After living on my own it is hard returning home, so i want my own place. A job i love would be nice too. Maybe kids one day. But marriage.. not really. I'm happy alone, i work well that way. Im not really suited to being around people all the time, or compromising. I wanna be a single business woman for life. Marriage? just don't let people push you into it! A lot of my friends only aged 20 or a little over are settling down with babies now... i respect that choice, and that they are able to do it, because i know i sure couldn't.

Its got to be when you feel its right. In 10 years time, maybe they will have found happyness, and i'll be on career-caused anti-depressants, but until then, i'm happy.

I'm a teacher who is in school to earn her Special Education Credential. I want to teach Special Ed Math and Social Sciences on the High School level. I'm also pursuing a Masters in Human Development. Whew! I have a lot on my plate. I am going to summer school and working two jobs: I'm a legal secretary (I do this every summer), and an after school tutor in a math clinic (I love math).

Thats ace! Sounds like a v worthwhile occupation to pursue, special ed children are ace imo, so trusting, so close to their teachers, so truthful, so, i don't know, real. They don't pull faces the same as 'normal' kids, or try to hide who they are to be cool, they often don't know the art of tact so they say what they think.. it makes them seem less crazy than normal people to me..

I attend...

VIU (Vancouver Island University)

I'm studying...

Creative Writing/Journalism. Just declared my major last semester, so this will be my first year in an actual program. I'd just been taking Math, Psychology, English, Philosophy, etc..

I'm finding it...

This will be my fourth semester, and I like it a lot (minus math and philosophy. Not putting myself through that again!)

Summer work...

I got a full time job for the summer, and have decided to leave early, at the beginning of August.

After I'm finished...

I'd really like to be a newspaper editor/copy-editor.

I attend...

VIU (Vancouver Island University)

I'm studying...

Creative Writing/Journalism. Just declared my major last semester, so this will be my first year in an actual program. I'd just been taking Math, Psychology, English, Philosophy, etc..

I'm finding it...

This will be my fourth semester, and I like it a lot (minus math and philosophy. Not putting myself through that again!)

Summer work...

I got a full time job for the summer, and have decided to leave early, at the beginning of August.

After I'm finished...

I'd really like to be a newspaper editor/copy-editor.

Awesome!

You guys do a lot of subjects at college!

how many years you been studying since leaving school?

Good luck with the journalist career. Id like to be a writer one day too.

girl friend x

I'm majoring in a form of robotics engineering

That's fascinating. I'm jealous. What school are you studying at?

I graduated a few years ago with finance, econ. and accounting majors. Ya, super business driven nerd back then. Went off to law school. Found law school ridiculous in many ways, and found practice to be boring. Went into finance and chased dollars. After a good two years of that I found it very unfulfilling. Great, so I have money now, but the work doesn't stimulate me. Working in new product development now at an asset management shop and rounding out the rest of my pre-med requirements so they are up to date as well as some electives. If I decide to go down that route (I've grappled with it for many years as many family members are in medicine and healthcare) then it'll happen before I am 30.

Surgery or bust if I practice, otherwise I'm going to take a stab into biotech or apply to NASA.

But building robots? That is freakin' awesome!

I'm doing a masters in psychology at the moment. Not working over the summer- have to hand in my dissertation on 12th September.

Then on October 1st I'm starting my PhD.

My masters has been good, but I'm keen to move away and start my PhD because I'll have more support there, plus I'll have money coming in from a research council award.

When I did my undergraduate degree I was sooo scared of leaving university. Spent a year working crappy office jobs before going back. I hate the idea of working in industry and want to stay in academia.

Archived