Don't want 2get engaged 'cos his friends...

Kimichan

Hello and Thank you for reading,

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years and about to move in together. One of his best friends (A) moved in together with his respective girlfriend about four months ago. And another of his best friends (B) did the same just a couple weeks ago.

Now, "A" proposed to his girlfriend about a month ago, and "B" did the same the day they moved in together.

I really want to move in together with my boyfriend because I love him very much, but I would not like him to propose to me only because his friends have done so with their respective girlfriends and he feels like he is next or pressured to do so.

I don't want to be engaged under pressure! Besides, his friends just popped the question, but it seems they do not have any plans to marry in the near future, so what's the point, right?

I am so confussed... Am I being crazy or reasonable? And is there something I can do, or is it better if I just do nothing about it?

Thank you.

Hopefully, if he ever proposes, you both will have discussed it beforehand. Personally, I would not approach a guy with "I don't want to get engaged yet" unless he brought up the idea himself and told me he was thinking about it. All of the men I know who are engaged spoke with their girlfriends beforehand about it and basically agreed to get married before they ever bought the ring and asked.

I think at the moment you're worried for no reason. People don't make major life decisions like this just because it's what their friends are doing. They go with their feelings, what they are ready for, where they are in life, etc. Don't worry! Cross that bridge when you come to it. Hopefully, he'll be wise enough not to propose without talking to you about it first.

Thank you all for your kind responses. Specially you, Lady00. I think all of you are right and I should not freak out about something that has not happened yet, and if it did, as you say, then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

I wish you all a great Week!! )

Archived