Today was the most painful day of my life.

Today was the first christmas in 5 years i have been without my ex girlfriend.....and today i feel worse then i have been since she broke up with me over 3 weeks ago. I have been crying all day sitting in my room listening to The Last Samurai soundtrack. I know she is just happy with her new boyfriend she found 1 month ago and im unhappy and depressed. I dont know how much more stress and depression i can take. I am an unhappy person now and for futures to come. i cannot stop thinking about her. I had a dream about her last night.....i dont understand. its like somone wants to make sure i suffer hard and good on christmas day.

Oh Sweetie...I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Today is a bad day for lots of people. Not just for us heartbroken ones, but there are many people in relationships that are miserable. Believe me when I say that I feel your pain. I have been alone all day and it sucks. It's the first year in a long time that I have been completely alone on x-mas and I understand how you feel. I have been crying and dwelling on past relationships and looking at my life like "what has happened to me?" Last year on Christmas I was in a (bad) relationship and more lonely than I feel now. But lonely is still lonely.

I don't have much insite for you except to let yourself feel the emotion but try to realize that your future will be brighter. You will find someone and you will be happy. You will have great Christmases.

I hope you find some peace today...

I wish you were not feeling so much pain. this is a very hard time of year for people who have lost someone. It can and will get better. this is my first x-mas in a long time that I have been alone. All I can think is that it will make the next x-mas I spend with someone all that more special. Remember in life there are no guarantees and just because she is with someone else does not mean she is not thinking of you and that she is having some amazing time. When you are feeling like this it is easy to think your ex is living some wonderful life and having fun. But they are just human like you and me and will go through the same pains and emotions we do. Since this is such a new pain you are going through you need to make sure you don't contact her, it will only make things worse, trust me on that one. Start taking care of yourself, find a new job, find two just to stay busy. This is not the time to be sitting home alone with your thoughts. Don't give them that. X-mas is almost over so you made it and maybe mext year at this time you will be with a new love or back with the ex or alone, there is no telling but spend your time productively and take care of yourself, it is all you have in the end.

Hey, man. Everyone has told me that I may be alone this day, but I am with people who are suffering just like me in here. Take heart that there are others out there that do not even have this site yet. The pain of being alone today will subsize one day, that I promise you. I was so looking forward to spending this xmas with her, but her world crumbled in front of her. Well, enough about me. What you need to know is that we are here to help you. all you have to do is talk to somebody. PM me if you just need to talk I am going through the same pain as you. While I did not have a relationship as long as yours my pain is just as great as yours. Get up, get out, and get her off your mind. Call some friends and let lose. Leave her alone and just let her be, she may or may not see that you are the man for her, but you must get on with your life and let her live hers. These words have been told to me a million times and I often do not listen, but they are the best advice i have received. Don't let her know that she defeated you. Let her think that you raised up and moved on, will do more damage to her.

I'm another one who is alone on Christmas, the first time in seven years for me. It's scary isn't it? Knowing that a new year will be here soon and this time we'll be going into it without the one we love (for me she was the only love I've ever had thus far). On top of this, I've been hit with the flu full on as of this morning and being held hostage to all of it's symptoms. Yesterday I found out that I'll be needing to look for new work and things are going to be tuff for a while financially due to the company I work for losing it's funding. My last two payroll checks bounced on me so that doesn't help either. I'm not here to complain about everything or try to compete in the 'I'm in pain" department. I just wanted share the fact that it's true, you're not alone in the struggle to keep your head above the water. Good luck to us all....

Recently, I went though a difficult break up. This site and the amazing people here are one of the reasons I have been able to keep moving for the last few months. Right now, I feel like I have turned the corner. That I have crested the hill and that I will be alright. I don't know what to tell all of you who are struggling through this time other than keep going. It WILL get easier. I don't know how, or when, but it does get easier.

Reading through this thread I thought of something.

Without darkness, there is no light. Without evil, there is no good. Without suffering, there is no prosperity. Without sadness, there is no happiness.

During this dark time in your lives, it seems like there is no end to the darkness, but there is. Think of it this way, when you get through this, you'll be so much stonger for having lived through it. It seems to me that the people in this world who have never had to struggle through hardships have really been dealt an injustice. Because without the difficult and painful times, what do they have to judge the good times against? When you come out the other side, the sun will be that much brighter BECAUSE you had this dark time.

Keep your head up! We are all in this together and we will be stronger when we are through it!

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays

bdub

damn i wish you didnt feel that way, it must be very hard. hopefully things will get better. but remember even though you are'nt with her you still arent alone their are many people in your family who love you and also people on enotalone that you can talk to . I hope the best for you and i hope things get better for you. peace