What would you do?

niceandslow

Okay. Say you have been in a relationship for a year. Your bf or gf is moving out of their apartment and into a new place. The problem is they can't move into the new place for a week, and they absolutely have to be out of the old apartment. Would you let them stay with you for the week in between? Why or why not??

Yes. If you need to even ask that question though, I would have to ask why the answer isn't a resounding yes. Do you not want to be together for a week? Are you worried it will give signals that you want to move in together? Are you worried that the suggestion would be taken badly?

I asked him today for a definite answer, and he said it's a no. and he feels like i am pressuring him. my grandparents offered to put me in a hotel for the week but why should i waste their money when i could have stayed with him for the week. it makes absolute no sense to me.

If I were you I would drop the subject for now and stay at the hotel (do you have a place to store your things?). But once you move in and get settled, I would take some time to reflect on the relationship. Do you feel that he is committed to you? Is it going forward the way you want it to go forward? You mentioned moving in together in an earlier thread, and said that he had brought it up. That doesn't really square with him freaking out over you staying with him for a week.

Do you think he might be hiding something from you? I hate to throw that out there because you said the relationship is fine, but it just seems so strange!

Do you think he might be hiding something from you? I hate to throw that out there because you said the relationship is fine, but it just seems so strange!

I can't help but think he is hiding something. My gut tells me he is cheating on me and that is why he doesn't want me to stay there.

I can't help but think he is hiding something. My gut tells me he is cheating on me and that is why he doesn't want me to stay there.

To be perfectly honest that thought would cross my mind too.

Do you have any other reason to think he could be cheating? Can you give us more details about the relationship? You said earlier there were no proble,s.

I am trying to think about anything. He is 40, and he has never committed to anyone. He told me awhile ago I was the first woman he has never cheated on or lied to, but even if he tells me that, once a cheater always a cheater. Plus him at his age not being able to commit to anybody, why me and why now?

Wow, this is a screaming red flag. This is not even about living together, this is about helping your girlfriend who is in a difficult situation. It is not like you would be crashing there forever...it is just one week until your new place gets sorted. I would definitely re-think this relationship...this is a test of how he would be when the chips are down and he has failed that test.

he told me no. he said he can't commit to that and it is a big deal for him.

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you're still with him? If he can't do something as simple as let you crash at his place, then you can't count on him for more serious things.

Wow, this is a screaming red flag. This is not even about living together, this is about helping your girlfriend who is in a difficult situation. It is not like you would be crashing there forever...it is just one week until your new place gets sorted. I would definitely re-think this relationship...this is a test of how he would be when the chips are down and he has failed that test.

I completely agree with this.....

Archived