How bad does it effect a person's appearance? I dont have real bad acne but I do have it. A question for those who have used the products to get rid of it. Do the types of medication that you buy from regular stores like clearasil work or is it best to go for something like proactiv?

I rarely have acne problems anymore but I used to have it pretty bad when I was younger. Nothing ever worked for me... Until I found Proactiv. It was like a miracle to me!

I wish I would've found it sooner as I used to get horrible pimples in my ears that would get badly infected. I have scars on my temples from acne but have diminished over time.

i would be carefull with products like practiv.

i had friends who used it for a long period of time, n dont get me wrong, it worked real well.

but once they stopped using it, the acne actually came back ten times worse then it was before... its a product you have to continuously buy and use for it to work...

if you dont mind paying for it then i dont see the harm!

i would be carefull with products like practiv.

i had friends who used it for a long period of time, n dont get me wrong, it worked real well.

but once they stopped using it, the acne actually came back ten times worse then it was before... its a product you have to continuously buy and use for it to work...

if you dont mind paying for it then i dont see the harm!

This wasn't true in my case. When I stopped using it nothing like that ever happened.

Different people have different reactions to acne treatments

How bad does it effect a person's appearance? I dont have real bad acne but I do have it. A question for those who have used the products to get rid of it. Do the types of medication that you buy from regular stores like clearasil work or is it best to go for something like proactiv?

proactiv is the best product out there, from what i used. i don't have bad acne, but every now in then i'll get a pimple. i did, however, develop an allergic reaction to it after about 6 months of use. but i just had to switch to a gentler formula. give it a try, you'll be happy.

all that store stuff just made my skin worse. i was so dried out and crackly. i eventually went to a dermatologist. i was cleared with accutane. but they tried tetracycline and benzoyl peroxide first. they worked for me, but very mildly. accutane wiped me out good.

Has anyone ever tried Differin Gel? The doctor prescribed it for me and I've been using it for 6 weeks.

It's great and I think it cleared me up pretty well, but I don't know if the results are permenant or I'm supposed to do this forever? I'm supposed to see him in 2 weeks, but I'm wondering if any of you have the answers

And for the original poster, I suggest you see a dermotologist and let him prescribe the medication instead of just experimenting with products. Don't get me wrong, some of them work, but i think seeing a doctor is the best way to go simply because it's their job. Good luck..

what about the acne that develops as hard cysts under the skin?? They don't come to a head' date=' but they feel like hard lumps under the surface of the skin and you only see some discoloration...[/quote']

sometimes those are ingrown hairs.

dermatologists can clear it all up for you.

I reccommend seeing a doctor if you can. I too, was given differin and I love it. Most of those products like proactiv have benzoyl peroxide-which can be irritating for a lot of people.

what about the acne that develops as hard cysts under the skin?? They don't come to a head' date=' but they feel like hard lumps under the surface of the skin and you only see some discoloration...[/quote']

That definitely needs to be seen by a dermatologist.

Archived