I have been dating this girl exclusively for 2 weeks. At the two week mark she brings up that she is not over her last relationship. She said she still likes me alot and doesn't know what is going on. He had a new girlfriend a long time ago and our relationship brought back old feelings. After all of this we had lunch the next day and she gave me a kiss when i left.

What should i do? She has been texting and calling way less and seems disinteresting. Should i back off and see what happens or send her a text every once in a while?

If you really like her you should send a text every once in a while. Unfortunately, I have seen this happen with relationships and it rarely works out well. If she isn't over the last guy then she might have some issues with becoming close to someone else. That said, however, I believe that if you like someone you should go for it. If you are young and having fun, that is what it is really all about. Good luck!

Well, you don't need her past baggage in your present relationship. So it was great that she was open and honest with you early on. Being with you probably brought out alot of emotions and made her realize some things, so I say give her space to figure her stuff out. It may just be too soon for her to be in another relationship.

I should probably mention her relationship ended 7 months ago. She said she wants to be over that guy but the new stuff brought those feelings back. Is it normal for that to happen when someone gets back into a relationship after a long term relationship?

gnarlyhoc,

if it was me doing this to some girl? I would probably be truthful and honest about how I was feeling too, but what she did more or less signals to me that it might not work out between you two. She might like you and see you as a good guy and all, but it wasn't enough more or less. I might suggest just maybe sticking around if she needs the time, but she might just decide not to want to stick it out anyways. It's one of those things where it's best not to push it or focus on where you two are going right now. It would be too much pressure.

Archived