here's my story, so tell me what it means...

vampyr

There was a woman I was with about 9 years ago. 1995 era to be exact. She was around 20 and I was around 23. Unfortunately she lived in Kansas City and I live in St. Louis.

I eventually moved to Indianapolis and have had many relationships. She evntually had a daughter. and then married and divorced in California, and then moved back to Kansas City.

We have always kept in touch all these years but because of my last relationship, I have been out of touch with her for over 4 years.

So 1 night I decided to look her up and found a phone number and I called her. When she answered, she didn't seem shocked that I called her after so long. In fact, she said she had a feeling it was me. Anyways, she is living with some guy she met online 5 months ago.

The next day she calls me back, using caller ID I suppose. We talk, and she tells me she couldn't talk to me with him there, and that she tells me all their problems and then we catch up on old times. She tells me about her family and all.

We exchange email addresses and I email her and she even agrees that there must be a reason why we have stayed in touch for so many years even though we are hundreds of miles apart. The next day she sends me pictures of her and her daughter. I nearly cry when I see them as she is even more beautiful than last time I remembered. The last picture I have of her she was only 20, so this is 8 years later.

I have kept all the letters, cards, and pictures she sent me back when we were together. Unfortunately the time in our lives wouldn't allow us to be together because we were so young.

Now I am older, and wiser, and financially and emotionally independent.

The problem is still that 1, she is living with some guy she is not happy with, and 2, she still lives far away.

But the fact that after this many years we still seem to find each other is now making me wonder if this woman is my soulmate.

I could easily run to her and ask her to marry me.

So what has kept us in touch for so many years? Is it fate or destiny?

I would give anything to have this woman and her child in my life. I just can't understand why I have such strong feelings for someone I haven't spoken or heard from in 4 years, and someone I haven't seen in nearly 8 years.

I swear my speakers were broken while reading your story, I was just waiting for the two lovers to meet in the end and live happily every after. I would agree, if you guys are that close for so long and you say you have that feeling of just joy when you think of her... I would say go and see her. Just do it. Maybe a surprise but somehow you should do something about it. It just seems right.... Your story is like a movie its cute. I love it.

For Another

So she sends me a christmas card and writes how happy she is to be back in touch with me and to send her pictures of me and my new place. She says she feels very special that I've wanted to talk to her after all these years. She sends me a picture of her and her daughter and again she is more beautiful than before.

She calls me one night and we talk for 2 hours. I realize it was getting late and felt bad about the long distance cost and so called it an evening. Of course after I hung up the phone, I lept with joy from talking to her. There is something about her that I never get tired of listening to her talk about everything. Other people I get bored hearing them always talk about their lives. But with her, its different.

Unfortunately she keeps talking about how difficult her relationship is with this guy, and all I can do is tell her that if she's not happy, then she needs to find someone that can make her happy. I know that if we never got together in a new relationship, the fact that she is in my life will always make me smile.

Sometimes I worry that my heart is so completely open to her that I may convince myself that I am in love with her and miss an opportunity to love someone else.

If they made a movie or tv series about my love life, it would be the best selling movie and most watched series. Talk about a roller coaster of events.