So...over 7 months have passed since my fiance walked out on me and my life changed forever. I was devastated, and it's taken some time to get back on my feet. We continued to speak and she admitted she had problems and panicked. I continued to support her and I held out hope that things would work out. I thought, "How in the world will I ever meet, let alone love anyone like her again?" So many sleepless nights, self-doubting, and depression.

So many questions...and no answers.

A couple months ago my ex completely cut contact with me. I could never understand why. I never will. I can tell you this though, it's been the best thing she ever could've done for me. You have to let it all go. I never believed anyone when they would say that here. I focused on me and realized I like the person I am. I have a lot to offer. After my ex left I questioned everything about myself like so many here. It wasn't anything I did, we have no control over others. I don't think there is anything I could've done to change what happened...no I know there is nothing I could've done.

Well, I've met someone nothing like my ex and she is wonderful. She came into my life at a time I least expected her to. She is caring and honest and all I could ask for. So why do we focus so much time on people who don't care for us the way we deserve? It's ridiculious and a waste. I will never forget what happened, I will never forget my ex, but if these people are willing to hurt us and break our trust then they never deserved us anyway.

Letting go is so hard...I sometimes wonder if I'll ever hear from her again? Then I think there's nothing left to say anyways. She said everything that needed to be said when she walked away. It just took me awhile to see that.

Good luck to everyone.

"Someday someone will walk into your life and make you realize why things never worked out with anyone else."

When you look at relationships you have in life, no one ever forgets the ones that are meaningful. No matter what happened. My ex meant everything to me and I was so happy with her. Her leaving came as a shock.

What I realized was that the person who matters most to me can up and leave, without explanation, and that life goes on. But you will never forget that person. Why should you? How could you? I still think about the girl I dated in High School 15 years ago and wonder how she is and what she's doing, let alone someone I spent years with and thought until the day she left I was going to marry. So many want to forget...but you can't. You should learn and grow and become stronger. It hurts like hell but things happen for a reason.

Life does move on. I thought I would have a hard time ever trusting in a relationship again. I don't though, because when the right person comes along it's worth it to throw all those fears aside and try again.

Archived