sex and emotion

Caterina

I think back on that and wished I had followed up with her....i forgot her email address

If you had you may well be feeling emotional alright,but not nice emotional....I don't like messy situations. You are far better off sticking to the country club bar!

If you had you may well be feeling emotional alright,but not nice emotional....I don't like messy situations. You are far better off sticking to the country club bar!

it was messy and she had just left messy. (amazing what people will tell you in a 15 minute car ride).....The country club is the place to be...

it was messy and she had just left messy. (amazing what people will tell you in a 15 minute car ride).....The country club is the place to be...

haha i can only imagine,and i have a vivid imagination!! I think we are on the same page here..

And i will stick to my emotionless encounter this weekend

It's the other way around: women are more likely to have sex with someone they have an emotional attachment with.

Generally speaking (and with the usual caveats about generalisations and exceptions), women need to feel comfortable, relaxed and emotionally involved to have sex with someone; they need to feel something feel. Men have sex in order to feel something; they don't need to feel it first, or at least they may have an emotional need that the sex fulfills.

Do men need sex to create emotion?

Why do so many men leave women after they've slept with them and why do so many women cling more strongly to a man after they've slept with him?

Can emotion be separated from sex for both sexes?

this question is obvious. no. women can have emotionless sex too. there are men out there believe it or not who 'cling' after sex too you know.

It depends on the person and the situation.

I think some women tend to 'read more into sex' then men do.

If this is true, then why exists this common idea that women will become super attached to the guy after she's slept with him?

I actually believe some part of this to be true. They've always said that men were more "logical" thinkers and it's true. They think with their brains, instead of their emotions. That's why you see more men into engineering and fields such as car mechanics, pilots, etc. On the other hand though, us women, well, we tend to think with our hearts and not so much our brain. That's why over 95% of the nursing field is women dominated. We also enjoy doing things like teaching children and caring for the elderly.

Women put emotions into things much more than men, that's probably why they are more likely to become attached after sex

Emotion and logic are two separate, unrelated things. They aren't opposites. If you are saying that women base more decisions on emotional thinking vs. logical thinking, I don't see the proof of that. The idea that men go into engineering/mechanics, etc., has more to do with societal roles rather than nature.

answer: YES

women become on average more attached to guys than guys do to women. sure women can have emotionless sex, but it's much more rare than with guys. i think it's a nature thing. guys are just made that way.

So how should women handle this kind of information to their best advantage?

I can honestly say that 1 man I know didn't need to feel emotionally attached and separated emotions indefinitely. I had been seeing him on and off for 2 years and unfortunately I started having feelings for him. In the end he would only come over when it was convenient for him but never reciprocated when I tried to contact him. He would get close for awhile, hang out, pledge he was with me only and no one else but then he would disappear. Then I found out he was with someone else and that person contacted me. Anyway, I'm glad it's over, we were friends before but even the friendship couldn't sustain his coldness/deceit toward the end. What can I say I am bitter and I had to vent. Thanks

This sounds terrifying...its a great fear of mine. Thanks for sharing....I'm really sorry it happened to you.

how should women handle it? just like any adult should. you have to understand that sex is not an emotion. it's an act. sure you can show emotion through sex when you really love or are into someone. but if it's just physical you have to keep the mental out of it. male or female.

What can I say? You live and learn. This is a big hurt. I am really having a hard time with it but I know he's either a sociopath or something like that. I know it sounds a bit dramatic but what can I say, this just happened a week ago. I'm grateful for the input I get from people in this forum. Thanks for letting me vent.

Archived