Fighting with girlfriend over her guy friend.

bronan13

I've been dating my girlfrined for 5 months. We have a great relationship, getting along fine, except for her guy friends. The fact that she has them doesnt bother me as much as what they used to be. Particularly this one guy. Before she started with me they were "friends with benefits". Recently he started calling her again, and one night he stopped by. He asked her out and, according to her, she said no. But she still wants to be friends with him. This doesn't seem normal to me. When tell her how it makes me feel, she gets mad at me and tells me that I'm trying to control her and tell her who she can be friends with. Any advice on how I can talk to her without this backfiring on me?

I empathise with you entirely man. My gf of two years, has guys friends that she goes out with all the time. I don't like it at all, but I feel asif I have no choice, because when I said something she says the same thing your girlfriend says to you.

So if you do come up with an approach, let me know.

It's a tough situation, but truth be told your girlfriend is not really being fair to you. How would she like it if you were really good friends with and ex-girlfriend or something? She's on the defensive and doesn't seem to be willing to hear you out. Tell her straight out that you love, and would never want to control her or run her life, anything like that... but you are simply sharing your feelings. She's gotta respect your feelings. Also, make sure you tell her that u trust (if in fact u do), so she doesn't think it's that. It's just an uncomfortable situation. Your best bet is maybe trying to get her to see from the reverse and explain your feelings in a calm rational manner.

Best of luck.