First day.

speak

Today was my first day at my two year college. I always thought that when you start college and you are around lots of people like that then your chances of finding someone would expand. It didn't really happen. I'm eighteen, and I've never had a boyfriend. I'm frustrated. I really want love and I am so afraid it may never happen. I'm sick of people being with someone and talking about how their love life is, while mine doesn't even exist. Is God making me be alone for certain reasons or what is this all about?

Thank you for any advice or positivity.

Today was my first day at my two year college. I always thought that when you start college and you are around lots of people like that then your chances of finding someone would expand. It didn't really happen. I'm eighteen, and I've never had a boyfriend. I'm frustrated. I really want love and I am so afraid it may never happen. I'm sick of people being with someone and talking about how their love life is, while mine doesn't even exist. Is God making me be alone for certain reasons or what is this all about?

Like above said, you're only 18, I didn't get my first kiss til I was 19...some I'm sure much older than I or younger.

I think it's good that you "want" it, because that drive may just be enough to get you to reach outside what seems like a shell you're in. Just work on yourself, your confidence, talking to people, keeping a conversation going, and it'll get easier, but you aren't going to get anywhere if you're not trying...don't just sit back and complain about it, expecting it to change...something doesn't come from nothing.

Last thing though...don't get -sick- of hearing other people talk about it, one thing you'll learn when you do start dating, is that the grass isn't always greener on the other side(because with just as much happiness comes from a good relationship, also comes the hardships and effort in making it strong)...you'll be lucky if you happen choose the "right" guy for yourself the 1st time, so don't go into this dating/relationship thing headfirst dooming whatever chances you have, but don't expect it to last forever.

College sux and that all I have to say about it. Its not about meeting anyone. I thought college was going to be cool. Yeah I'm more laid back but pff I'm pissed off all the time. I have not made any friends, or anything. It's pretty much a waste of my time. I miss high school, as much as I hate to say it, I do. High school was a place to meet people. You know where you'll meet people? A church, a dance, a fundraiser, through friends, work, things like these. Heck I got a guy at work who keeps asking me if i want him to hook me up with his cousin (who also works with us), and he never takes no for an answer cause I have a girlfriend.

Today was my first day at my two year college.

Give it some time. There are probably more people around you now. You're not likely to find a relationship in the first day, or the first week, or necessarily even the first year - but if you put yourself out there, get involved in clubs, form study groups, ask guys out to lunch, and make it clear to your friends that you're interested in getting hooked up, then something will happen.

Like someone else said, you're only 18 and it's your first days. Give it a few weeks and you'll come accross someone that you like. It never fails.

When I started college back in 2003, I found someone that I liked within the first week.

Archived