Friends with Benefits/ FB

bobsiesprincess

You see the person as much as you would a friend. Texting and calling a lot is bordering the line of a relationship.

FWB's never work though.

yeh im a bit worried my FWB is falling for me. he texts CONSTANTLY and says all the sweet stuff you do when your in a relationship, and its just not what I imagined it to be, having never done anything like this before. so you might be right with it never working.

You see the person as much as you would a friend. Texting and calling a lot is bordering the line of a relationship.

My suggestion is to not treat it as a friendship at all. Once you take it above the physical level, it may as well be a relationship.

FWB's never work though.

I concur. I will never get myself into that situation again. Way too easy to get hurt as one or both will eventually have feelings, and it's easy for the other party to just end it since its 'not really a relationship'.

FWB is an emotional minefield. Rarely is it a genuine FWB situation. Usually one person wants to be in a relationship, but will take what they can get and hopes it will turn into one.

I don't do FWB for this reason. If the relationship is 'worth' dating, why not just date? Or get out and find someone to date rather than settling for something that isn't going anywhere.

If you don't want to date this guy, then i'd break off the FWB thing right now before he gets really hurt. You may be able to stay friends or maybe not depending on his feelings. Most FWB situations end up with the friendship destructing.

yeh im a bit worried my FWB is falling for me. he texts CONSTANTLY and says all the sweet stuff you do when your in a relationship, and its just not what I imagined it to be, having never done anything like this before. so you might be right with it never working.

sounds like he is falling for you....he would be better of with a hooker with established rules

it depends on the person. I dont like to use the term friend with benefits cause that usually turns into something else. I prefer the term F-buddy or Fling. For me ill see that person anywhere from afew days a week to once a week. we may text every day to every few days. It just depends. I have a fling right now and she texts me like every day but i havent seen her since saturday and am going to see her friday. maybe.. the thing of havin one of those is not to hold any intentions but the fact that its just for fun!

FWB is an emotional minefield. Rarely is it a genuine FWB situation. Usually one person wants to be in a relationship, but will take what they can get and hopes it will turn into one.

I don't do FWB for this reason. If the relationship is 'worth' dating, why not just date? Or get out and find someone to date rather than settling for something that isn't going anywhere.

If you don't want to date this guy, then i'd break off the FWB thing right now before he gets really hurt. You may be able to stay friends or maybe not depending on his feelings. Most FWB situations end up with the friendship destructing.

sounds like he is falling for you....he would be better of with a hooker with established rules

yeh you lot are making me really think about this here. I know that I'm just settling... like hes a really nice guy and everything but I couldn't see us as a proper couple.

I'm going away for good in a couple of months so either way it will end.

Just by your signature I could sense HE was doing the falling and not the other way around.

This is why I say it never works. Someone always adds feeling to it.

Well anyone who's had an FWB.

What do you do once you've finished? Do you lay and cuddle... get dressed straight away and leave? lay separately? just always wondered. Thanks

NO! No cuddling, no pillow talk. I don't want to know his middle name or what he likes to eat, strickly business.

So get dressed and leave? do you let them see you prance about and grab your clothes while in the nack? Sereious question. Or do you cover yourself while you get your stuff together, stay silent and then just say bye?

If there is cuddling bobsie it seems very very intimate to me. Why would you cuddle someone you did'nt care about?

i always saw it as when we get together we do it.....but no holiday plans, no vacation plans, don't visit each others families and friends, not having to reserve Saturday night for the couple date

yeh, i would never introduce him to my family and friends and would not want to meet his. and as far as i see it, my real friends come first. i would rather go out with them over the weekend than see him.

So get dressed and leave? do you let them see you prance about and grab your clothes while in the nack? Sereious question. Or do you cover yourself while you get your stuff together, stay silent and then just say bye?

If there is cuddling bobsie it seems very very intimate to me. Why would you cuddle someone you did'nt care about?

i do care about him as a friend. and i guess i miss all the kinda affectionate stuff like cuddling in a relationship, maybe thats why. oh dear this is a mess.

put back on underwear and watch tv. something funny and light hearted. Talk about how hot the sex was. Maybe have sex a couple more times, then call it a night. NO SLEEPOVERS.

i do care about him as a friend. and i guess i miss all the kinda affectionate stuff like cuddling in a relationship, maybe thats why. oh dear this is a mess.

Nothing up with that, don't get me wrong I'm not saying an FWB is bad. I was genuinly curious about those things.

I think if you're worried about him getting too attached, just don't always respond to him, don't allow yourself to do the things with him that would consitute being in a relationship.

If in time something grows, then great! but if its not what you're after right now, don't let him think it is.

This isn't FWB.

This is a BAD relationship...and the guy on the other end is getting all squished, bobs.

In a perfect world, everyone would take perfect responsibility for their feelings and actions.

In this world, people often talk one thing and mean something else.

He says FWB and means "you are my girl".

Not hard.

I think a true FWB has two people who want nothing to do with commitment...usually, in an emotionally distanced state...and for it to "work" as far as anything can work in a managable way...both people need to be totally on board for standing up for their own needs and wants.

Never works when someone doesn't know their own heart well enough to stand up and claim what they truly want and need.

sorry. Had to say that.

put back on underwear and watch tv. something funny and light hearted. Talk about how hot the sex was. Maybe have sex a couple more times, then call it a night. NO SLEEPOVERS.

Ahh right, thanks.

Do you kiss goodbye?? LOL seriously. I have no idea, I think it would be SO easy to feel like it was a relationship with just afew certain ways of acting.

Archived