An odd feeling.

Dako

They have my card and know how to get in touch.

My contact at the agency likes my performance, and I expect a new assignment soon. He's been trying to get me into good places.

Since I switched from a female dominated field to guy work, I feel more confident in my skills. I prefer calluses to headaches.

Well, on my last day there, a few management people hinted that I may be called back because of my good showing.

Corporate would have to be consulted. Even if it falls through, I felt good about leaving on a good note. I usually do.

On to other things.

Dako, if they call to bring you back, try to negotiate to come back in a full time job only. Lots of companies now try to hire a lot of temps because they can pay no benefits and less pay. But you need to consider what is right for you.

Keep looking for a really good job, and negotiate to get a full time job while you have the leverage. If they call, tell them you want an FTE job, and if they don't have one, thanks but not thanks (unless you have no other alternatives).

If you agree to go back as a temp again, they may never hire you full time, and you can get a temp job anywhere, so why go back somewhere where you know it is only temp work. There are lots of temp-to-perm jobs that specifically hire temps to try them out as full timers for a short while then convert them to FTEs, so you could try for those jobs too.

Archived