Girls out of long relationships

Barg123

Something I've noticed about a few of the girls I've dated in the past year. If a girl has previously been in a long-term relationship (3+ years), they seem to be rather condescending towards those who haven't. Some of things I hear from them are "oh, you wouldn't understand" or "I've been through so much". While the rest of the date went smoothly, after this subject was brought up, it felt like I was being treated like some kid whose resume wasn't good enough. Anybody else experience this before?

I never understood why people bring up previous relationships on dates. That would be the last thing I would want to talk about with someone I might end up dating. The focus should be on the here and now, not the past. If someone brings it up, change the subject.

Try and keep these topics away from dating...it's supposed to be fun.

I actually never bring up past relationships in conversation. Simply put, if it's not still happening, then some mistakes were made and lets just leave it in the past. But on the flip side, when asked about relationships, I don't avoid the question either, I've got nothing to hide.

It sounds like they are not ready to date yet, so it is probably a good idea to walk away from these types.

I thought about this, but I'm starting to think that the problem may be longer term.

I remember reading an article a while ago that stated that divorced people are most likely to remarry with another divorced person. I never quite understood the logic of it, but maybe women (and perhaps men too) who come out of long relationships are like that as well.

I thought about this, but I'm starting to think that the problem may be longer term.

I remember reading an article a while ago that stated that divorced people are most likely to remarry with another divorced person. I never quite understood the logic of it, but maybe women (and perhaps men too) who come out of long relationships are like that as well.

\

I don't think so...I think you fall for a person, not their previous relationship status.

No, they obviously are still hung up on the past relationship. Most people don't go around talking about their past relationships during dates and they certainly do not talk down to their dates. However, if they are still bitter, and still thinking about it, they cannot help but talk about it.

Most people don't go around talking about their past relationships during dates and they certainly do not talk down to their dates. However, if they are still bitter, and still thinking about it, they cannot help but talk about it.

Agreed! 100%.

Archived