Really Annoyed!!

Okay this guy at my work has really been annoying me for the last 6 month. He's only been working here 8 months...but he rubs me the wrong way & talks down to me, really welll - condescending might be the word for it. I've been here 3 years. my bosses are great, wonderful. I love this company..everything but him. he treats me like I'm retarted.Anyways...none of that really matters

I'm just pissed off and and not good with confrontations (which is why I'm writing to get some imput & to vent) but here's the issue, I know it's not big, but its irritating me. I want to tell him to get the stupid giant broken chair, that he pushed out of his office 4 weeks ago into my office, out of my office. My office is also the reception area, so first thing you see when you walk into our business is this big broken chair...it trashes up the place and is in my way. why would he push it out of his office into the reception area? ugh

I know some of you are thinking, well why don't you just move it yourself? well I would. except I'm petite 100 pound girl who's 5 1/2 months pregnant & I can't & won't try to carry that big chair now the flight of stairs to the garbage where it should be.

2 and a half weeks ago I casually & friendly asked, 'so why is this chair here?' He replied and said 'oh yeah, I keep forgetting to take it out to the garbage' but now I'm starting to wonder if he's 'forgetting' because he's actually waiting for me to do it myself?? Cause really, everytime he walks out of his office into mine to for coffee, or go to the bathroom or Leave...he pretty much bumps into it. How can you forget for 4 weeks?

what can I say to him to imply get the &*&*^ broken chair (which was his till I ordered him a new one 2 months ago) out of my office/reception area please. I already tried the casual way. that hasn't work.

I know this isnt important at all, and there are a lot of people here that need more help than I do. But thank you for reading & letting me vent. any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Your vent is great and we are here for you!!!! You're such a sweet girl flower! Hehe - I'm just picturing you, so little and 5.5 months pregnant on a rage about the chair!

Well.... Maybe he is just one of those people that need a little extra push? Why don't you remind him again that the chair really makes the reception area look bad and could he please take it? And if he doesn't, tape a sign to it that says "Jack (or whatever his name is,) Please take me to the garbage.... NOW!"

Just tell him it's an issue for you, or forget about it. See, sometimes we just have to be assertive. We cannot rely on the other guy to read our minds. If you ask him to move it, and it's problematic, and he refuses, that's another story. The key is in being assertive.

lol, thank you I'm that girl. You're so kind & helpful.

I really like the cute sign Idea. I think I'll do that today.

Let me know how it goes...! I think that would be okay... Maybe he does just kinda think about it and then think "eh it can wait another day" and never gets to it.

Let me guess, his new chair he got to replace that broken one is much better than any other chair in the office?

Sorry.... Bad influence I'm being!

I wish it was just simple enough to just ask him to move it. But I get the impression he thinks he's my boss. He asks me to do the stupidest things for him & I do...not sure why I do? but i think it's cause i feel I get paid by the company very well & my actual boss, the man who I was hired as his assistant(I'm a brokers assistant) doesnt keep me busy enough to fill my shift...so why not help this guy out too. Why argue it's not my job, when I'm not doing anything else. So I help him out with stuff & I think he now gets the impression he's my boss too. but head office refers to me as only Bill's assistant. And bill is who gives me days off...ect.

I feel like it's not my place to tell him to move it. But actually maybe it is? maybe I should be more assertive...ugh..I'm glad i'm leaving for mat leave soon. he he he

Let me guess' date=' his new chair he got to replace that broken one is much better than any other chair in the office?[/quote']

Wow how did you know? lol...you're totally right. This guy is younge no clients yet & wants the best most expensive of everything....and yep the new very expensive nice chair is one of the many things.

My boss is a kind older very wealthy man, but very modest...only gets (asks me to order) what he needs - nothing more nothing less. And I admire that, just cause you have the money or the company does- why spend it foolishly? I'm the same way I know i can order expensive stuff, but why when there is no need.

well, I'm not there in your shoes... but i'd ask him to move it... especialy with you being 5 months pregnant and all!!

so what if he thinks he's your boss... he's not.. and even still, there's nothing wrong with asking your boss to do something for you!

Humm...Very True.

damn why am I such a wuss. I'd rather do things myself than ask someone else to do it, but I'm 5 months preg and this time I'm not going to do this myself (and i really feel that's what he's waiting for)

I've got to get myself a backbone & speak up...I'll start today! there is no reason i should be hesistant right.

Thank you!!!

Archived