voice lessons

watupgangsta

alright im wondering something... i have had a few friends listen to some songs i wrote and they think they're cool, they always knew i was a good musician but i have gotten a couple positive responses on my voice too. so i played them for my parent, and they say i have a "nice" voice and if i want to get voice lessons they'd pay for them if i wanted to start playing live... what im wondering is, from a parent's perspective, would you suggest your son (i'm 19) get voice lessons if you didn't think he had potential? i guess what you'd say is that i always second guess my abilities so a part of me thinks maybe they just think i should get voice lessons so i don't sounds like sh*t.

Voice lessons won't nessicarly make you sound better, but they will teach you how to use your voice to it's best. About you parents opinion, well most parents like to think that their children have potential at something. Maybe you are very good and if so then voice lessons will allow you to get even better.

yeah well im already sensitive to pitch and have a decent range but i know it could be a lot better, i'd like to add about an octave if thats possible, do you think they could teach me to sing lower pitches more loudly and more crisply, and maybe a 4th or 5th higher while still maintainin good tone and pitch? as for how i actually sound, i know that im still going to sounds like me.

I wouldn't take their comment to heart, even the best singers have had some sort of training whether or not it was on their own or someone taught me. I don't have the best voice however my chorus teacher taught us how to sing classically, jazzy, blues, gritty, and a host of others. She did individual tests and she found out I can sing better classically. After some individual training she put me in treble choir where I had a better chance at getting better.

do you think i can get voice lessons at my community college or something? all i know that they offer is voice courses for vocal majors... i decided not to go down the music major route, so those courses don't fit into my curriculum im nto sure they're even available. or do you think i'd be better off doing something privately?

thanks love. well im somewhat confident, i know that i am sensitive to pitch (but thereforeee i also know that sometimes i don't hit certain notes exactly right). so i know i don't sound great. im hoping that if i can increase my range that i can attack all notes with more strength, and thereforeee with better tone. what do you think about that?

Archived