Curious

hugmeup

Tonight when I was talking to my honey, I said "I hope it is in God's plan for us to stay together and be happy".

Then he asked "Are you unsure?"

Since you have all been so helpful to me on the other threads I have posted here, I wanted your opinions on his question to me.

It isn't a problem or anything but I am curious to hear your thoughts on this.

he was right in questioning you when you said that. what did you reply.

he was to the point while you came around to the point in a different way.

Oh my goodness!!!

I did not mean it that way.

I did not mean that I was unsure.

In life we never have guarantees but I did not mean for it to sound as though I was unsure of my feelings for him.

We all go into a relationship hoping for the best. Thinking it will last for always.

After he asked me that question, I told him that I was not unsure and he seemed satisfied with my response.

Oh my goodness!!!

I did not mean it that way.

I did not mean that I was unsure.

In life we never have guarantees but I did not mean for it to sound as though I was unsure of my feelings for him.

We all go into a relationship hoping for the best. Thinking it will last for always.

After he asked me that question, I told him that I was not unsure and he seemed satisfied with my response.

No need to worry then.

From your question/query I think you over analyze things WAY to much.

maybe he was questioning your faith?

Let me give you a little backround.

I met him online and he called me everyday for a year.

I traveled to meet him in December last year for 16 days and we decided that we wanted to be together so I am moving to be with him on April 5th.

I have been told in other threads that I really do not know him.

I truly believe that I know him well because he never hid his personality from me and allowed me to hear him when he was upset, depressed, etc. etc.

During the course of the year, he never led me on. He never professed any kind of romantic love for me but told me instead that from what he had learned about me with our talks, he had grown to love me as a person.

It wasn't until after we met that he showed me that he loved me in a romantic way as well.

Before I met him I told him that I hoped it was in God's plan for us to be together.

Now I hope that it is in God's plan for us to stay together and be happy.

I have faith and believe that the possibility for this is very strong.

Tonight when I was talking to my honey, I said "I hope it is in God's plan for us to stay together and be happy".

Then he asked "Are you unsure?"

Since you have all been so helpful to me on the other threads I have posted here, I wanted your opinions on his question to me.

It isn't a problem or anything but I am curious to hear your thoughts on this.

if my girlfriend asked me that I'd be feeling the same thing. If two people want to be together, then they stay together by choosing to do so and working through their problems. But then I've never believed in pre-destination.

if my girlfriend asked me that I'd be feeling the same thing. If two people want to be together, then they stay together by choosing to do so and working through their problems. But then I've never believed in pre-destination.

Hello Gath and thank you for your input.

I did not sleep well the night of this post and when he called me the next day, I had to tell him how I truly felt.

I did not mention what I had said about God's plan but I said:

"Honey, I feel so lucky to have you in my life and I believe with all of my heart that we will be together for the rest of our lives. I love you Ken".

He was silent for a few seconds and said:

"That is sweet, I love you too".

It sounds like two people who don't know each other well yet (or don't have comfortable communications, if they do) because you weren't willing to ask him why he reacted that way and he assumed that you meant something negative (which can happen when you know each other well but if the relationship is solid/stable I would think the assumption would be more like "interesting choice of words" if you had never used those kind of terms).

For me it would depend on the timing and context of when that was said because I would prefer that someone believe that the two of us could control - to a large extent - our happiness together -- except for circumstances/situations we couldn't control and that even then we believed that our happiness as a couple was largely in our hands. It also would depend on whether I believed in god.

If I were you I would ask him why he reacted that way - since you are planning to live with him relatively soon it makes sense to get things like this out in the open and resolved - and to see how he deals with a question like that.

Edited to add that it almost sounds like you were trying to test his feelings for you and faith in the two of you by invoking "god" - perhaps he sensed some nervousness on your part?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived