update on the creepy internet guy

Konfetkette

Here is the original thread

ZOMG It's not just creepy...it's scary now!!!

I replied to him with a very short email...

But he replied saying

"hope to go out with you soon and see what you like about me and what I can do with you. I'm really interested in doing stuff with you but you'll have to tell me when it's best for you during the week or weekend."

I don't know if it's a bad wording or what...damn

also

"Did you want my phone number and home address so you can know where to go to see me at my home. I think I'd like to go out to a romantic dinner first and then see what the night has to offer us"

What idiot pays for match to look for sex! It's scary AND creepy. I should have trusted my instincts when I saw his desperate profile.

What idiot pays for match to look for sex! It's scary AND creepy. I should have trusted my instincts when I saw his desperate profile.

Probably the same people who pay for prostitutes?

But to be honest, it seems like he just has very bad wording and may not be as "bad" as it seems, besides its so easy to misinterpret or take words on the computer the wrong way.

Probably the same people who pay for prostitutes?

But to be honest, it seems like he just has very bad wording and may not be as "bad" as it seems, besides its so easy to misinterpret or take words on the computer the wrong way.

I think the wording is way outta wack..

I think this is a great counter-argument to anyone who says that grammar doesn't matter on the Internet. Your ideas and your intension's can be totally misrepresented.

...or just talk to him on MSN for awhile, until you've made up your mind about the guy. You don't need to meet the guy as soon as you exchange emails. Just tell him you are busy with work/school for the next little while, so you don't have the energy to go out.

*Or just tell him the truth, that you want to know him better before you exchange phone numbers and addresses.

If you don't feel comfortable, then you need to stop contact with him. It's good to figure out how to do this sooner rather than later when looking to the internet to find a match - just like in "real life", there are going to be a lot of people that you don't mesh with. You're going to have to turn a lot of guys down or away, more so than if you weren't using a dating site.

If you have a creepy feeling about this man, stay away from him. Block him and don't reply. I had a guy tell me he knew where I lived and if the electricity went off during the night...to know it is him! yeah!

And it wasn't even a dating site!

He was just trying to scare you. At most all he could do is find out what your IP address is, and then he could only find a general location for you (like your city). If it was that easy for someone to find out where you lived the RIAA would have been all over it. But it is still creepy.

Thanks!

I'm going to go with my gut instinct on this one.

It doesn't matter whether he's just bad with words, creepy, or too desperate. All these qualities creep me out.

And to be honest, NO ONE is THAT bad with words. Other guys I talked to online had no problem making themselves sound decent. If this one can't...tough.

Thanks!

I'm going to go with my gut instinct on this one.

It doesn't matter whether he's just bad with words, creepy, or too desperate. All these qualities creep me out.

And to be honest, NO ONE is THAT bad with words. Other guys I talked to online had no problem making themselves sound decent. If this one can't...tough.

Good call. It's just like if a guy approached you on the street and said the exact same thing - it's not the internet part that makes him creepy, y'know?

Good call. It's just like if a guy approached you on the street and said the exact same thing - it's not the internet part that makes him creepy, y'know?

Yeah totally!

I think I better make two new emails: a possible good guy email

and a possible creepy guy email...

so I wouldn't have to deal with incoming messages several times a day..lol

Yeah, having some kind of sorting going on is good. There are plenty of guys on dating websites looking for women, so you can be picky - and you don't need to reply to or consider every guy who sends you a message. Some of the guys just hit up girls en masse with "spam letters" on the off chance of getting a bite.

Oh I only reply to those who seemed to have read my email. If I get a wink, I might wink back if he's hot and his profile seems to be good

I reply to about 4/10 guys usually. You wouldn't believe the people that are contacting me! If I see someone is looking for a woman 21-25, and I'm 20, I wouldn't contact them (ok I just turned 21). But they don't seem to care. I swear a 60 yo sent me an email recently. I didn't even read it. I saw the pic on the main page and deleted him. I don't read emails at all sometimes.

I never read emails from anyone over 27 or younger than 20. Sorry you seem nice and all but I'm 21!

Just put him on block its no big deal

Make sure there is nothing in your profile at the dating site that someone could use to spy on you. Dont put a link to your myspace for example or list where you work ect.

The guy is just a joker and is no real threat, he doesnt know where you live or anything. Just block him and he will move on to harassing some other woman.

Oh I only reply to those who seemed to have read my email. If I get a wink, I might wink back if he's hot and his profile seems to be good

I reply to about 4/10 guys usually. You wouldn't believe the people that are contacting me! If I see someone is looking for a woman 21-25, and I'm 20, I wouldn't contact them (ok I just turned 21). But they don't seem to care. I swear a 60 yo sent me an email recently. I didn't even read it. I saw the pic on the main page and deleted him. I don't read emails at all sometimes.

I never read emails from anyone over 27 or younger than 20. Sorry you seem nice and all but I'm 21!

Sometimes I forget how old I am... Seriously... I have to think..am I __ or __... You know you're getting old when...

Archived