Is the talkative girl or the laid-back quiet girl more attractive?

RedPenguin

I'm just a tad bit curious, what type of girl you other guys go for?

I always seem to go for the ones that are laid back and have friends and stuff but normally seem to be quiet. Not necessarily shy but not completely an extrovert (I guess that's the proper word).

I ask this because most guys I know seem to either go primarily on looks or seem to go for the extremely social girls that have tons and tons of other men and women around them.

I may be old fashioned or different, but when I with my girl, I just would like a fair amount of the time to be just her and I, not have her 5 friends, my 5 friends, all with us at the movies together. LoL. I find the quiet/shy girls more mysterious and find my self more curious than the girls who just talk all of their business in public and you know much more about them then.

So are any of you guys out there, doggin the same style?

Yeah I guess you are right. Both are attractive. Just with my experiences for some reason, the non-social seem to be single more often than the really social ones. I guess the really social ones see more guys and have less of a chance of being single or something. Who knows.

I agree.

I'm partial to the quiet girls. But I'm quiet. So I guess I feel more in synch with that type.

im more into girls who are both . talkative & can be quiet as when needed. being just either one might be too much to handle lol.

Yeah that's true. I guess I technically go for the girl in between. I just get annoyed when a girl is extremely social and never really has time for you, but then I guess a girl who is not social at all, would be just hard to deal with, especially if she was even anti-social or something.

HeHe, I like how you phrased that one, like a DUH!!! statement.

Well, quiet women/librarian types always seemed more down to earth to me. But I'm not the smoothest guy in the world, so I can only keep a conversation alive so much... It's like I take it quiet girls don't like me, cause they don't talk much themselves, and I gotta do all the talking and it's not easy because I'm not the biggest talker. It's like if I have to put that much effort into a conversation, then maybe we don't have anything in common (which is why I end up asking her out just for the heck of it, cause I can see the rejection from a mile away anyway) and shouldn't even bother trying. Maybe talkative girls will be easier to communicate with...

Yeah, I noticed the librarian types can trick you though. I went for one library clerk and she ended up being extremely social, but she had a to her self look when she was behind her desk, yet I did notice her talking to the other clerks constantly, so that should have tipped me of a little that she was fairly social. This probably isn't an always case though. It seems like most people barely ever pay attention to the librarian/library clerk. Maybe that's why, they don't seem to judge those who do actually talk to them as much, because maybe they don't normally keep a huge must-have list in a guy. But that's just a guess.

I actually have a hard time between the two choices. Talkative girls are a lot easier to get to know and well...talk to right off the bat. They're usually the ones who initiate conversation and are generally good at keeping the flow. However, the more quiet ones who are most often kept close to themselves have a mysterious thing going on. It makes me even more curious as to wanting to know them and what goes on in their lives.

So while both are attractive to me, it's usually dependent on how pretty their faces are (call me shallow...), how nice they are (HUGE plus), and also how they carry themselves.

I'm a quiet, kinda shy girl, and to me, it seems outgoing girls seem to get most of the guys' attentions.

I don't get noticed a lot, except for my height (I'm only 4'5" tall).

I completely agree with this. Oddly enough, I do think the shy/quiet girls do seem to notice me way more often than the outgoing girls. The outgoing girls never seem to give me a second look. Maybe they expect you to be talkative or something also, but it's like the shy/quiet girls tend to give me way more of a chance.

If I ever notice a girl looking at me or appearing to notice me, it always seems to be a more shy/quiet girl. It never seems to be a really outgoing girl. The outgoing girls seem to pay more attention to people they are talking to, and always seem to have friends in the room.

I actually have a hard time between the two choices. Talkative girls are a lot easier to get to know and well...talk to right off the bat. They're usually the ones who initiate conversation and are generally good at keeping the flow. However, the more quiet ones who are most often kept close to themselves have a mysterious thing going on. It makes me even more curious as to wanting to know them and what goes on in their lives.

So while both are attractive to me, it's usually dependent on how pretty their faces are (call me shallow...), how nice they are (HUGE plus), and also how they carry themselves.

I hate to say it to, I mean, I hate to go for looks, but it just happens. But sometimes it's a plus.

Like in my one class, there are two really pretty girls. One is really outgoing and always talking to her friend in class. The other sits by herself and doesn't normally talk that much and appears to pay more attention in class.

Even though, in a way, the outgoing girl is what some would call more "hotter", I can't help but be drawn to the more quiet girl, who I actually seen before, from a public speaking class of my friends, and I think she looks so cute when she's nervous, because I got to watch one of her speeches, and I told her, that I felt she did a good job, which I felt she did, even if part of that, was just trying to at least get some small talk in with her.

I noticed later she had a bf, but I don't know if she has a boyfriend now, now that she's in my new class. I do notice, even though it was only the first day, she did seem to look in my direction a tad bit, but even though we didn't get to talk during class (for obvious reasons), when my friend started to talk to her, I snuck in, and even though she was just leaving, I said see you later. I figured, heck, even though, I couldn't get much in there, I would at least get a little of her attention by saying goodbye. She said goodbye also.

I figured, if she was in fact noticing me, by at least saying goodbye, she would know that I'm noticing her. That way she's not like how I used to be, just keep looking at someone and never say anything. I usually never got acknowledgment that the person I was looking at ever really liked it or cared.

I think I did good for it being the first day. But the thing that sucks is, I don't want to go crazy on her, especially if she still does have her boyfriend, but hopefully we can have a much better time to talk, because I hate that about class, the girls always seem to leave in such a hurry, where you never seem to be able to say anything to them. I guess people hate class, LoL.

But, this post was a little off-topic I guess, but in a way it wasn't. So who knows, LoL.

I would say the more talkative girl would be more attractive to me. She's much better to carry a conversation with and get to know easier. However, the girls that talk non-stop in class are the ones I dislike, since it can be very irritating.

You have a point with a quiet/mysterious kind of type. They do make me think, but I usually loose interest in them after awhile. In a way, they're harder to approach.

What you say that you were drawn more towards the quiet girl for her looks or for the fact that she seems mysterious? For me, I had a very small crush on a girl who was like that. She paid attention in classes and was very smart, yet very quiet and either only spoke to friends or spoke when spoken to. She's not even that pretty, but there was just something about her. She seemed very modest and low-key, and I liked that.

What class is this that you're in with this girl? It'll help a lot if it ever involves any class group activities.

What you say that you were drawn more towards the quiet girl for her looks or for the fact that she seems mysterious? For me, I had a very small crush on a girl who was like that. She paid attention in classes and was very smart, yet very quiet and either only spoke to friends or spoke when spoken to. She's not even that pretty, but there was just something about her. She seemed very modest and low-key, and I liked that.

What class is this that you're in with this girl? It'll help a lot if it ever involves any class group activities.

Well, what I mean is, I go for her looks, because yes she is defiantly hott in my honest opinion, but I just love her personality. Like in public speaking for example, when I saw her one speech, she acted like she's going to do so bad and everything. Yet I felt she did a great job. I think she looks so cute when she's nervous. You can tell, she probably doesn't like to cause any trouble or really break any rules. She appears to be a "good" girl. I don't think she's a party hardy girl or anything.

I can't one-hundred-percent explain it on paper, but it's like there's just stuff that pulls me in her direction so much, and she's hard to stay away from.

The class is college algebra, and the teacher claims we will eventually do group work, but I don't know how he will even break up the groups or if he will just have the people go with who they want.

I'm amazed that I even see this girl again. Normally in my college, when I see a girl I like, I tend to find she's taken or isn't interested, then I swear, I never see her again, usually in class, and often I never ever see the girl around the college again. So I was surprised to see this girl again and end up being in one of my classes.

I don't know???

This is a very good question...

I don't want to intrude, but I tend to be that "quiet" girl. So does that mean that I look insecure and uncomfortable?

No I don't think that it makes you really look insecure or uncomfortable.

Actually many quiet girls that I've seen actually look more relaxed and not really hyper. They seem more stable. I don't know why, but from what I've seen, the extremely social and talkative girls, always seem to go through many boyfriends, but then I've also seen a fair amount of quiet/shy girls go through a lot of boyfriends. So this could just easily be a young thing or how a girl looks thing.

No I don't think that it makes you really look insecure or uncomfortable.

Actually many quiet girls that I've seen actually look more relaxed and not really hyper. They seem more stable. I don't know why, but from what I've seen, the extremely social and talkative girls, always seem to go through many boyfriends, but then I've also seen a fair amount of quiet/shy girls go through a lot of boyfriends. So this could just easily be a young thing or how a girl looks thing.

I don't think how many partners a person has really correlates with being a socialite. Just because someone is social, doesn't mean they necessarily had tons of partners. Same goes for quiet people. Just because they don't talk, doesn't mean they're hiding something.

I don't think how many partners a person has really correlates with being a socialite. Just because someone is social, doesn't mean they necessarily had tons of partners. Same goes for quiet people. Just because they don't talk, doesn't mean they're hiding something.

Yeah, you are right. It just seemed that way from my experiences so far. But probably worldy that's not true. I've seen quiet/shy girls now that I think of it, that have had many partners, and I've seen many social girls that were almost always single. (I was attempting to reverse my earlier post).

Archived