Am I ready to date?

frail

My boyfriend of 3 years and I, had broken up 4 months ago. And i moved back to my home state. It has been the hardest few months of my life. But lately i can get through my days without thinking about him, and I've been getting by, living day-to-day.

I have not began searching for love again. My attitude is, if it comes to me, then thats fine, but I'm not putting any effort right now into looking for it. But i still have these emotions and feeling of wanting to have a relationship, and be loved.

A guy from work and I had have been talking via e-mail for a while besides at work. Then we started talking over IM. The other night we finally hung out with each other outside of work. He invited me over to hang out with him in his hot tub. And chatted and laughed all night. He showed me his place. And it was a really getting to know each other experience. He's funny and a real gentlemen. And he would be a cool friend.

However i think, how nice would it be if we became more then friends. Is it natural to feel this way when making a guy friend? I'm i only thinking that because i feel lonely after the heart-break. Or do i really like this guy? Does he like me? I question everything i said and every movement i made. Was that the right thing to do? I hope I'm not coming off weird. Perhaps it's my Social Anxiety problem. I question if him or any guy were to want to date me right now, would i be ready, would i even go? Or would i choose to be by myself for a while.

Don't know what to do next.

Everyone is nervous in the beginning. It's normal! Everyone has a LITTLE social anxiety... just try not to question yourself so much. You are obvious a special girl or this guy would not have taken the time and initiative to get you over to his hot tub.

Like you said - one day at a time. If it happens... go for it! I wish you all the luck in the world.

Archived